1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help. LED's in my psp

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by djmazz, Apr 1, 2007.

1. djmazz

djmazz Regular member

iv done searches and this is the best info iv found, http://www.llamma.com/PSP/psp_led_lighted_trigger_buttons.htm
    iv got some LED's but there not surface mount ones like they use. but they are small enough to fit in the trigger buttons. they are also 5v.
    problem is the guide pure confusses me.
    what i need to no is what volt LED's i need, or what size resistors i need for the LED's iv got.
    also, if just wired the LED's to the + and - of the power light on the circuit board, would it work? obviously depending on the resistor situation.
    sorry if that was a head blag but any help would be apreciated. cheerz

2. staxx

staxx Regular member

That looks cool, but wouldnt it get kind of annoying having extra lights on while your trying to watch a movie in the dark on your psp?
    Anyways hope you get the answers you need, post some pictures when your done so i can see how yours turns out.

3. djmazz

djmazz Regular member

could imagine it gettin annoyin with movies. dont wat them on it to be honest though.
    iv got a bricked psp so i thought id try with that and see wat happened. i wired up a nice circuit and they worked sound so i tried the faceplate to see if it would fit and now for som reason my bricked psp doesnt do anything what so ever now???
    does that suggest i dont wire them to my still workin psp?
    i really want to get this right bcos it looked unreal when it worked.
    id add pics but i cant seem to got them in my posts? lol

4. staxx

staxx Regular member

I dunno, did you have to solder the contact point for the facplate in a different area than your trigger buttons? or are they all soldered in the same general area?

You can post pictures on here by uploading your picture to photobucket.com and then copy the url for the picture into here
    should look something like this... [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 2, 2007
  5. djmazz

djmazz Regular member

k sound mate ill get some pics up later.
    i only done the trigger button at the moment.
    i havnt soldered anything yet. i was just holding them on the +,- of the power led. seemed to work fine but now my brick is even more dead lol. i dont dare put them in my working one now.