1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help, Lmao

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by Antdemo, Apr 23, 2005.

1. Antdemo

Antdemo Member

Hi guys, nice forums and i would like help from you Ps2 Wiz Kids,

I have got a ps2 chipped, i bought it from a guy 1 year ago, the ps2 had a chip which was called SBOX (Is this good) and i played the ps2 copied disk well, i had no proplem, i day i sold the ps2 to a friend of mine, 1 year later he gave me the USB Chip back which is called SBOX, and he gave me a disk which already came with the ps2 when i sold it with, the disk was called DVD REGIONx, the disk lets you play the copies.

Anyway 2day i plyed on 2 games, they worked great, then i rented a game called SOCOM 2, now i copied the disk using Nero, i copied it to a DVD-R disk, now i do what i would normaly do which is, put the DVD REGIONx disk on the playstation and boot it up then press X on number 1 from the disk and then insert the disk, the disk does not play so i tryed a another disk (from my game list) they worked great (copied games), now i have nether copied a PS2 Disk, the socom 2 disk just would not play, so is it the disk that i copied from (DVD -R)

The game uncopied works perfect.

O and can i play the ps2 online with a copied disk.

2. Antdemo

Antdemo Member

does anybody come on this forums

3. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

nobody answered probably because you could have found the answer yourself by searching. I don't think your chip can play dvd backups, http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/15105
    and yes, you can play online with a backup if you patch it with the dnas id from the original.

4. Antdemo

Antdemo Member

you dont know much then do you, the ps2 can play dvd backups because i tryed, i dont know what you mean by the DNAS all i wanna do is copy a game and then play it, all i am asking is will it work like that.

5. deadcat

deadcat Regular member

"you dont know much then do you" then you dont know much either, ppl are on here to help each other, for free, and dont appreciate being told they know nothing after giving an answer

according to a simple search at google, and this website http://www.cyber-mag.com/station/charts.htm you have one of the cheapest, and nastiest chips available (AU$12.50). It has the ability to play PS1 cdr, PS1 cd games, ps2 cdr with a swap, ps2 cd games, [bold]but not dvd backups or imports[/bold] which is what sly_61019 told you

Also another reason no one answered is because we dont condone renting and copying games, make backups of games you own

put the DVD REGIONx disk on the playstation and boot it up then press X on number 1 from the disk and then insert the disk, the disk does not play so i tryed a another disk (from my game list) they worked great (copied games)......are you sure you have dvd backups??? what games are they

6. Antdemo

Antdemo Member

thnx m8, i know it may be rubbish but i got it free, i live in UK, i have another 3 questions, can i use DVD+R to make backup and it will play, and how do i make splinter cell 3 fit on a cd-R disk.

I got lots of games on cd-r disk just wanted to know how to get a full game onto one of them disk.

Which Mod chip should i get, i want 1 were al i have to do is have the chip in, then but a backup game in and play.

Thnx alot in advanced

7. deadcat

deadcat Regular member

depends what V. ps2 you have as far as what chip you can get. Dont bother trying to shrink splinter cell, wait till yove got a decent chip

8. Antdemo

Antdemo Member

cheers m8

9. Jlhfit

Jlhfit Regular member

yes on v8 u can, 1-7 dvd-r's only