1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help... Looking for DVD-) Medias

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by k3rm1t, Feb 22, 2004.

1. k3rm1t

k3rm1t Guest

Hi ppl...

I search since 3 months DVD-9 Bedias but i cant find it!

Can anyone say me plz where i can get it ?

I need it for my job...

A BIG THX :D

2. k3rm1t

k3rm1t Guest

A one side Double-Layer-Media 8,5 GB

3. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

A blank one?? You cant - they arent out yet so your job is asking for the impossible. By the end of MArch you should be able to get a +R disc, the Ritek dual layers will be out in the summer.

4. k3rm1t

k3rm1t Guest

i will able to get a dual layer media 8,5 gb in the end of march ?? and this media is +r disk ??

5. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Yes, you should be able to get them. Philips are expecting theirs to be out around that time. However, the Riteks will be closer to the summer. Remember that you will have to have a writer that will support writing of DVD Dual layered discs. If you do not you may need to upgrade to have access to this facility.

Projected burn times fot the Dual layer media is expected to be very slow at around 2-2.4x only.

6. k3rm1t

k3rm1t Guest

oriphus can you speak german ??

i have a question but i cant say it in english because my english ist bad...

can you say me ore do you know how the movie firms burn the films on dvd ??

the most of these DVDs have 7gb ore more but when the dvd with 8,5 gb will able get in sommer this year how they burn the dvds than ?? the dvds have 4,7 gb max and how they burn 7 ore more gb on this dvds ??

7. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Hi, I can only speak german when using google translator:
    http://www.google.co.uk/language_tools?hl=en

With 8.5GB discs there are two layers to the disc. It still looks like one disc, but the laser on the DVD Writer burns through the first layer to the second layer and writes the data. Then it burns the first layer.

8. k3rm1t

k3rm1t Guest

How that the large film do producers make with dvds if it still no 8.5 gb dvds give now?? there are only the 4.5 gb and those makes dvds where up to 8 gb on is...

9. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Large producers do not use drives the same way we do. Instead, they use a machine for pressing the layers together. There is no burning actually done by the large producers as it is all pressing machines. These machines are very expensive to use.