1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help modifying network adapter to fit Western Digital Drive

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by tooquick, Feb 14, 2008.

1. tooquick

tooquick Member

I read the installation guide at http://ps2drives.x-pec.com/?p=ps2_installation
    and thought it would be easy. I got my hard drive today and when I took apart my network adapter I noticed it was slightly different than the one in the tutorial. After taking the plate off, it has star type screws to hold the ports that fit into the HD. I bought this Network adapter used and it came with a 2.5 version disc. I have another network adapter that I have installed using a Seagate HD that worked perfect. I took this network adapter apart to see if it would work, but it is just like the one I purchased, and I bought this network adapter when it first came out.

Can anyone help? Is there a guide to modify this type of network adapter? By the way both are official Sony Network adapters.

2. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

you'll have to buy the star type screwdriver/bit to unscrew them.

3. tooquick

tooquick Member

do you have to order them online or can you get the elsewhere?

4. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

you can find them at the local hardware store, usually in a screwdriver set.

5. tooquick

tooquick Member

Thanks, Have you tried modifying this type of network adapter? Besides the different screws is there anything else different about the network adapter from the one in the guide?

6. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

i didn't have to modify my network adapter, as i use a maxtor hdd. depending on which adapter (ethernet/phone or standalone ethernet), they might have switched the screws.