1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help, need original C drive files....

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by x_rider, Nov 7, 2004.

1. x_rider

x_rider Member

Hey guys, when I was ftping a game into my hard drive..nature called and I went to the bathroom. My young son then came to the computer and managed to stop the transfer and delete the majority of my files on the C drive. If anyone here can be so kind enough to send me the ORIGINAL Microsoft files..ALL the files of the C drive I will be greatful. I'll change .ini file up to make evo boot after I get the original files. As you may tell, my xbox is screwed..neither the microsoft dash or the evo dash comes up when I start the xbox..but a message to send it to microsoft for repairs... If you guys can please send the files in rar or zip to my email..I will be greatful. Thanks

here is my email: plat_4u@yahoo.com

x_rider

2. wiglit

wiglit Member

would be glad to help you but first do you have a copy of your evox boot disk that you installed your dash with? you have to be able to set up for ftp before any of the other files will be any good. if you need that too I could email them. they are fresh and ready to go. just let me know I will creat the iso for evox and send you the rar for c: What were you ftping?

3. x_rider

x_rider Member

Thanks wiglit. I'll take an iso of evo also since I thought I backed up everything but seemed to loose track of my files since I modded my box when the xbox scene started awhile back. I was ftping Ralisport 2.

4. x_rider

x_rider Member

Hey guys, can someone on this board supply me the original C drive files..since wiglit hasn't come through. I'm sure someone has these files backed up'ed somewhere.

thanks guys,

5. southbark

southbark Member

You can download slayers auto installer 2.6 it will do everything for ya

6. x_rider

x_rider Member

Thanks alot southbark. That worked! Now I better get back to Halo 2!!!

x_rider

7. deejayk

deejayk Member

Hm - I also had a dashboard problem. And it seems some .xbe is missing:
    First the STARWARS-Bonus DVD nuked my MSDash with the automatic update.
    Finally what happens is, when I boot into Original BIOS (I have a SMARTXX Mod - so I can choose which BIOS to boot) it tries to start the MSXBOXDASH.xbe but when the Flubber comes up and the X is on it reboots in endless loop to the X (without the Flubber each time).
    Thought it's a BIOS issue - reflashed the BIOS and the basic setting (Time, Zone...) came up - but then after rebooting again the above endless boot loop.
    I CAN boot into EVOX - and if I call MSDASH from there it just restarts EVOX-Dash.
    Tried fixing the C: drive files with SLAYER 2.6 - no change.
    Maybe some file is missing? i.e. there is no default.xbe in the c: drive!?! There is also no update.xbe.
    What files are compulsory on C: drive - maybe that's the reason?
    Anybody an idea?

Last edited: Nov 12, 2004