1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help networking my xbox to my pc

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by dan778, Aug 8, 2004.

1. dan778

dan778 Member

can anyone tell me how to network my xbox to my computer, i'm new at this and i can't seem to figure out exactly how to do it, i have flash fxp and Evox, but i don't really know how to use them. the reason i want to do this is to watch my dvd movies that i have copied onto my xbox hd. i'd appreciate it if i can any help.

2. gsuscrazy

gsuscrazy Regular member

no offense, but thats gotta be the sorriest reason to network a pc and xbox...lol.

aight, first and foremost you need:
    A nic card
    A crossover cable (not just a network cable, unless you have a hub you an run it into)

plug ur crossover cable into your xbox/pc. power up the xbox, your computer will notice a connection, yada yada, that same boring things. well once thats established, you need to set the IP addy, and the Gateway on your xbox.

open network connections<view<right click ur xbox connection> properties< then tcp ip properties> <click use following ip address>>then enter your IP from your xbox, and subnet mask the gateway for your xbox. (this is the info listed under settings on evo x, usually its like 192.168.0.3, the mask is almost always 255.255.255.0 and the gateway is whatever it is on the xbox.) input those three items number for number >>click ok once>> click the configure option>> select under value "10 base T full_duplex>>hit ok.

then save all the changes, launch flashfxp click site manager>>new site>>name it xbox (or whatever)>>enter the same ip address u jus used. enter the username and password as the word "xbox" (without the "" things)>>click options>>FULLY uncheck the use passive mode>>click apply>>click connect, and that should hook you up.

3. dan778

dan778 Member

Thanx alot gsuscrazy, after a like an hour i finally figured out how to do it....now if i can only figure out how to watch the damn movies that would be great

thanx
    dan

Last edited: Aug 8, 2004
  4. gsuscrazy

gsuscrazy Regular member

well sorry i couldnt be more help...but i have a question, if you have a modded xbox, why wouldnt you just watch your dvd's on your xbox? i mean, there are programs that let you do that.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]I remember when dinosaurs roamed the land
    I remember when thinkin the earth is flat was cool...
    but most of all...i remember when the Apple ruled the schools...GO NUMBER MUNCHERS!!![/small]

5. gsuscrazy

gsuscrazy Regular member

!
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]I remember when dinosaurs roamed the land
    I remember when thinkin the earth is flat was cool...
    but most of all...i remember when the Apple ruled the schools...GO NUMBER MUNCHERS!!![/small]

6. dan778

dan778 Member

oops
    all i'm wondering is i backed up my dvd movies onto my xbox and i got a bunch of .VOB, IFO, and .BUP...my xbox doesn't read those files, i click on xbmc and it doesnt'work, xbmp works though but i can't open these movie files can u help?

7. gsuscrazy

gsuscrazy Regular member

oh. um, i dont think you can say that though, im sure its gotta be against the rules somewhere to say that you dont own a movie that you copied, so you might wanna delete that. and as for the files that you copy from your xbox, i dont know if they would work. because to actually rip a movie, you need to be able to get past the copy protection, and i dont know of anything on the xbox designed like that (if you know of one, im sure its prolly illegal, and dont bother mentioning it) and if you need any more help, feel free to pm me.