1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help "not a valid ps2 disk"

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by robo13, Jan 31, 2005.

1. robo13

robo13 Member

I finally managed to get swap magic 3.3 I removed the front cover and I do the step by step instructions on the official site and when I press the load program function it makes some weird noises and tells me at the bottom it is not a valid ps2 disk can anyone help me this is driving me crazy I only want to play suikoden 3! I live in england and have the pal version if that helps

2. BobbafetX

BobbafetX Member

well, Im having exactly the same problem... I press the X button to boot normally & is just doesn't work? You just get a lot of electric motor noise.... H E L P

3. Angel1912

Angel1912 Member

did you manage to sort out this problem?

I used Alcohol 120% to burn my back up, come to boot up and i get "not a valid ps2 disk". It is doing my nut in as i cant figure it out!

4. BobbafetX

BobbafetX Member

Yes people, I have sorted the problem out. I have figured that I was not closing the PS2 disk tray properly. I have purchases SWAP MAGIC 3 along with a slide tool & figured out that the instructions that come with the slide tool are inacurate.

They tell you to alwaye slide the tool from left to right when opening the tray & left to right when closing the tray.

In fact you need to open the tray left to right when opening, then, right to laft when closing.

But alas... some games still dont seem to work?

5. haguh

haguh Member

hi,

i've had the same problem (couldn't play my american suikoden III game on my european (dutch) PAL-ps2 using swap magic 3) so i searched the internet and found a solution: you can read it yourself but it's a long story so here's what it basically says:

"Step one:
    Insert the Swap Magic V3.0 CD (note the CD, not the DVD), into the Ps2 and let it load.
    Step two:
    Press Eject and take out the disk. Replace it with the Swap Magic V2.0 DVD and let it load back to the same screen as it was on before you ejected the tray.
    Step Three:
    Use your flip-top or slide-tool to open the disk drive without the PS2 knowing about it.
    Step Four:
    Replace the Swap Magic DVD with the Suikoden 3 DVD game disk. Close the drive by pushing it back in, and then either close the flip top lid or use the slide tool to lock the drive.
    Step five:
    On the screen, select the correct video mode (more on this below), then select "Load Game" and push X
    The screen turns red, then gray (or deeper red if you've got a nice new tv), then the konami logo should pop up, and the intro movie should play!"

[bold]you see the key is to first use the Swap Magic V3.0 CD to load the swap magic dvd, because then you should get a menu where you can select pal/ntsc or normal, where you should select pal![/bold]
    if don't get this menu, try it a few times over again, cause 4 some reason you (or I) don't always get this menu

if it doesn't work, of you want to read the whole tutorial go to:
    http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=27566&

hoping you can play the suikoden III now as well,

Haguh