1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help on Aladdin Modchip

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by rique8405, Sep 5, 2004.

1. rique8405

rique8405 Member

Hi, can someone please help me. I just installed the aladdin live mod chip in my xbox. When I hold the power button the button flashes red but nothing appears on the screen. Isn't the linux bios supposed to boot up? I think it might have to do with the "DO" wire. Can someone please help me. Thank You

2. matty8887

matty8887 Regular member

Thi is common with noobs. Check all your points and look for bridges and splashed.

Make sure the do has good contact and is not too loose.

3. GHorse

GHorse Member

I had my aladdin live mounted upside-down and my drive spinned up three times and my screen stayed black. I mounted the chip the other way round and it worked. Accept that I still can't get it to load my bios.bin i put on a cd.

4. matty8887

matty8887 Regular member

Try putting your bios on a dvd-r with some dummy files.

5. GHorse

GHorse Member

I solved my problem by using ozxflash instead of trying to get cromwell bios to open a flash utility

6. sargerock

sargerock Guest

what type media did you use for that?

7. GHorse

GHorse Member

I just used Imation cdr.

I have a philips dvd-player on a 1.5 xbox (Focus tv-chip), It has no problems with cdr.

Anyone know how to burn craxion4.0-generated iso on DVD with Nero?

8. jaymer

jaymer Member

Just open nero(not express), cancel the new compilation screen. Click file and open, on the bottom pick list select image files(iso) Browse to your iso and click on it. On the burn compiliation window make sure and pick dvd and not cd. Make sure to put a check mark and finalize cd no further writing possible. Start burning. When done if you put in back in your computer's drive it shouldn't be able to properly read it.I made several test runs with dvd+rw untill I felt comfortable everything was working right.
    good luck

9. sjchu

sjchu Regular member

It seems to me that Aladdin chip does not get the 3.3v power connected. This happens if you have a v1.5 xbox (with a Focus video chip)