1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help on burners

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by finfan13, Apr 23, 2004.

1. finfan13

finfan13 Member

hello all i want a good dvd burner, i hear pioneer is good but which one? 05,06,07?? i mean what is difference and is there really a difference between say pioneer and toshiba or is a burner just a burner please advise. thanks

2. hogan

hogan Regular member

Hey finfan 13,
    I did a ton of research and decided on the Nec 2500a. Found it online for $85.00; within my budget. Burned about 60-70 copies so far with no coasters. But everyone has their fave ( the one they own). Just my humble opinion. When you decide, download dvd shrink and dvd decrypter from here (free). That will be all you will need. Good luck. Hogan

3. finfan13

finfan13 Member

never heard of that. all i ever hear is pioneer. is this nec just as good laser wise and stuff?? i found a nd2500?? is this different than the 2500a??

4. hogan

hogan Regular member

No, that is the Nec nd2500a. So far I really like mine. I'm using free software from here, listed above, with no coasters. I can't complain. I'm sure people with the pioneer like theirs just as much. Just giving info. Just do alot of research on the net and talk to friends who have one (like I said everyone thinks the one they have is the best. I do.) Good luck, Hogan

5. finfan13

finfan13 Member

can you tell me the difference between the nd and the 2500a that you have??

6. hogan

hogan Regular member

No difference. They are the same drive. Nec is the company that makes them and the model number is nd2500a. Same drive. Hope this helps. Good luck, Hogan

7. daba

daba Guest

Hi Finfan,

Indeed Pioneer is known as the best DVD writer manufacturer. Sony has a very good reputation as well. People here has nothing but praise for their burners.

Be aware that Sony and Philips (and others) are about to release double-layer burners (before summer in theory). Pioneer should do the same, but only at the end of the year.

Cheers,

Daba