1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help on how to burn this files.

Discussion in 'PS2 - CD backup discussion' started by puppetj, May 20, 2007.

1. puppetj

puppetj Member

I have a rip, and the contents of the folder is Game Name Track 01.iso
    and the rest of the files are Game Name Track 02.mp3, Game Name Track 03.mp3, etc.. i just have the mp3's and one iso. for this setup should there be a cue file?? if so i dont have any..how do i go about making it?

2. Xomby

Xomby Regular member

ah, a very old-school rip indeed.
    there is only a .cue with a .bin

the style of backup you describe is one of the first methods of backing up a psx game that had audio tracks on the cd.

the CD must be set up as a dual-media disk.
    aka, it has a data track (as track 1) and subsequent tracks are pure audio.

the easiest but perhaps more roundabout way to do this is to get winISO and extract the .iso into a folder. then load up nero and use their wizard to put all the data in that folder (but not the folder itself) into the data track of a cd, then add the .mp3's as audio tracks after it. i forget what exactly this format is called, perhaps hybrid or something of the sort. you'll know it when you see it, its the only one that allows for a data track and subsequent audio tracks.

make sure all the audio tracks go in in the right order, or the in-game music may not work...

FAILING THAT: just burn the .iso by itself with alchohol 120% and forget about the .mp3s. you lose the audio, but at least you can play the game.

3. puppetj

puppetj Member

Is it ok to use isobuster instead of winISO?