1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help over here :-(

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by dho74, Jan 2, 2005.

1. dho74

dho74 Member

Hey everyone! I'm just hoping there's someone still up who can help me with my problem. I'll explain once I know someone is up...lol. Kinda complicated...thanks!

2. zippyd

zippyd Regular member

There are members on here from almost all different time zones, but unless you tell us the problem, we can't help.
    Explain your problem in detail and maybe even clue us in on your pc specs and the software being used(hoping it's Shrink since this is the Shrink Forum).

3. RedAnt

RedAnt Regular member

zippyd is right,there is always some one here to help you out.

4. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Are you going to tell us what your problem is? Or do we have to guess?

5. RedAnt

RedAnt Regular member

dho74 What's up are you going to tell us what the problem is or do we just guess?

6. dho74

dho74 Member

the problem is this....i have copied band of brothers discs 1-4 with absolutely no problem. when i try to copy 5 & 6 it gets to about 50& and pretty much stops. i went to bed lastnight around 3am, and it was on 40%. i just got up at 11am, and it was only on 88%. the window kept showing all kinds of read errors. i've looked at the disc, and it's fine. no scratches nothing. i've also cleaned the disc. i don't know all the specs of my computer, all i know is it's a pentium 4 sony vaio w/hyperthread. i've only had it for about 2 1/2 months. bought it brand new. this has only happened on these two discs, and one other. other than that, i've had absolutely NO problems backing up my DVD's. it also kept saying "encryption found"..."getting decryption key". i've never seen these before. then it would stop reading anything. yes i use shrink. i also use dvd decrypter. with shirnk, at 57% it said cannot read file E. all that other stuff is with dvd decrypter. thanks for the help everyone....sorry it took so long to respond.

7. dho74

dho74 Member

one more question. i know this is a Shrink forum, but i'm just wondering if i'm doing all of this the hard way. i use both dvd decrypter, and dvd shrink. i start it with decrypter to take off the decryption. i save it to my hard drive. then i open up shrink, and open up "files". i encode it from there, and once encoded, it automatically burns with the decrypter. is this the hard way? can i just use decrypter? i know i can use just shrink (with nero burning), but i had a few problems with using just shrink. i wasn't doing some of my DVD's, but i have copied those same DVD's with using decrypter as well. so again, can i use just dvd decrypter?

8. zippyd

zippyd Regular member

Your response is kind of confusing. I can't make out what errors you're getting with which programs. Give us the exact steps you used to do this disc and the errors from each program.

Generally you can't just use Decrypter since it doesn't have the ability to compress. There are two cases where you can use just Decrypter.
    1. The movie you are copying is a DVD5 and you are copying to a single layer blank.
    2. The movie you are copying is DVD9 and you are burning to a dual layer blank using a dual layer burner.

9. RedAnt

RedAnt Regular member

I used DVD shrink to make my back ups of Band of Brothers,I did not have any problems with any of the disks.
    I used Shrink to make the disks in to ISO and Decrypter to burn the ISO.

I do most of my back up that way.