1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help overclocking my e4300

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by samydaman, Apr 12, 2007.

1. samydaman

samydaman Member

Hey fellas I just finished building my new system yesterday. I want to overclock my e4300 to above 3GHz since most people have reached those speeds generally. Here are the specs:

Asus P5B Deluxe Wifi
    Corsair XMS 2 TWIN2X2048-6400C4 Matched Pairs 2GB DDR2-800 CL 4-4-4-12
    EVGA E-GEFORCE 8800 GTX 575MHZ 768MB 1.8GHZ
    LG GSA-H22L DVD+RW 18X8X16 DVD-RW
    Intel Core 2 Duo E4300 Dual Core Processor LGA775 1.8GHZ 800FSB 2MB
    Seasonic S12-600HT 600W ATX12V 20/24 Pin V2.0 Active PFC
    Thermaltake VA8000 Armor Super Tower Case
    Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 320GB SATA2 3GB/S 7200RPM 16MB Cache
    Zalman CNPS9500 LED heatsink with arctic silver 5
    Here are my temp readings from PC Wizard 2007:

Processor: 32C
    Processor temp core1:22C
    Processor temp core2:21C
    Mainboard temp: 36C
    Power?Aux temp:124.5C
    Hard Disk temp: 30C

How do my temps look so far on default non-OC system?

2. marsey99

marsey99 Regular member

looks about right to me temp wise, althought im not sure what it thinks is 124c i have a 4300 too and i get 2 temps of unknown origen but not that high.

with what you have there it should overclock a dream as they are all top notch parts. my only concern is your psu, i have a 600w psu and i wouldnt run mine oced with a 88gtx on it as i recon i draw about 475/525w now with a 7600gt.

if you want to get a rough idea of what power you are using try this link.

fyi

i can get mine to 3.3ghz on 1.45v, stable but my mobo (i think) runs out on me. i run it at 3ghz 24/7 on 1.35v and it keeps it alot cooler.

not sure what your asking tho, do you want help with your bios settings/overclocking or did you just want to know about your temps?

3. samydaman

samydaman Member

I want a guide to overclocking my e4300. I am total when it comes to overclocking. Never done it before.

4. AXT

AXT Guest

I would not recommend overclocking the processor that much, especially when you don't know what you are doing.

5. steimy

steimy Active member

6. samydaman

samydaman Member

I tried to register in that forum but it says "The admin has banned your e-mail" ;(

7. marsey99

marsey99 Regular member

we have some of the nicest people on the net who may try and help you out if you ask in the offical overclocking thread at the top of the list.

side note

i know of one person who has a p5b and a e4300 which will hit 3.6ghz

8. samydaman

samydaman Member

I would really appreciate it if you can tell me who this gentleman is.

9. marsey99

marsey99 Regular member

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/83263
    lot of info but only about the last 5 or 10 pages or so will be relavent.

edit

i dont want to be responsable for you or anyone else bugging (pos not the best word to use but you get the picture) people with pms. if you look in that thread i am sure you will find all the info and help you will need.

i will also add you have some real nice kit there and you should have no trouble at all getting a very impresive overclock.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2007
  10. BigDK

BigDK Regular member

Hi samydaman.

I also have the P5B Deluxe WIFI board and for a short period had my E4300 running in it at 3.6GHz on air and water.

The stability testing I did on it was using water cooling on the CPU, and then I had 3x 240V high flow fans on the rad to help keep the temperature down.

So unless you want to run very hot or invest in serious cooling, I wouldn't aim that high in the OC, but 3.0GHz should be very easy to do on that board.

Firstly what rev board do you have, it will be written on the board somewhere along the side?

Next what BIOS do you have loaded on the board?

What stepping is the CPU? give as much detail as you can along with week number etc...

What memory brand, model number do you have?
    I need to know if its DDR800 etc..., XMS matched pair, value range, and latencies for it.

What PSU do you have in the sustem, and what HDD setup do you have, are they IDE, SATA and are they in RAID.

You may as well list all the other parts that are in the system as well such as GPU type.

Next if you have already achieved any OC at all, what was it and what settings did you use.

I can't go through every setting at the moment, because my P5B is not powered up, it is in a new build which is still awaiting the last few parts to get it on line.

I might get time to power it up with the stock cooler in the next few days, as I'm currently in the middle of building 3 other systems at the same time.

It won't hurt to gradually work your way up through the OC anyway as it will give all the parts a chance to bed in (some people think it helps, some don't) it can't hurt.

We'll get you where you want to be soon though.

P.S. marsey99 has been chasing this up for you