1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help Picking Media and Website to buy it from!

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by Brasco23, Apr 26, 2005.

1. Brasco23

Brasco23 Member

I have used Pro Disc. Last batch I recieved were horrible. I had many I/O errors when burning. I believe I got unbranded Prodisc this time for some reason. What exactly does that mean and what are the draw backs.

I am thinking of switching to either Ridata, Verbatim, Taiyo Yudens , or trying branded Pro-Disc inkjet hub pritable dvd's.

Please also let me know who is a trusted and low priced website. I bought from emediadepot the last couple of things, but I feel like something is shady about them! PLease if you can help with either part of the long question it is greatly appriciated!

Last edited: Apr 27, 2005
  2. na_tra

na_tra Member

3. Unjust2u

Unjust2u Regular member

Hello, i just ordered 100 Taiyo Yuden's value 4xdvd-r's from www.supermediastore.com , recieved them today . The Media code is TYG01 on disc identifier. Paid 22.00 plus 7.00 shipping 29.00 total :) have not tried them yet ? shipping was fast and well packaged :) /unjust P.S. i think they are a little more now that was a two day sale :(

4. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

i'd suggest you going w/ the TY TYGO1s that is mentioned in the above post..they are 4x dvd-r, but from thousands of burns, i can attest that they work great. i believe they are $27 now at supermediastore, but they work great.

@ na

those are the same verbatim's i use, but, i don't know where you read your info about the Linkyo's, i have a feeling they are going to be 100 soon-2-be coasters u get for free. those verbatims are great, just the catch to get 100 dvds free...if they identify as TY, i GUARANTEE you they are fake. im still trying to figure out who made my FAKE TYGO2s, could be quite a few manufacturers. :) if you get a media ID code for those linkyo's, please let us know, i heard that name Linkyo before and they are Made IN Taiwan, i am 100% sure about this, so, im trying to put 1 and 1 together as to safely say that my FAKE TY's are made by Linkyo, only time will tell when someone posts a media ID code for them, i can tell you the rest later if my hunch is correct. :)

bottom line: 1. those Verbs are made in taiwan, but they are terrific. MCC coded media from my own experience has been wonderful.
    2. if linkyo branded discs code out w/ TYGO2, i am 100% and can tell you NOW, they are fakes. with well over a thousand authentic TYs and 25 pack of fake ones, i can easily tell you if they are fake or not.

good luck to u all

5. Brasco23

Brasco23 Member

is supermedia trustworthy, how do I know that they will send me REAL TY's

6. Brasco23

Brasco23 Member

ARE RITEK BAD or are they good! please let me know

7. AtrophyG4

AtrophyG4 Member

TY, Ritek and Verbatim are the three most trustworthy brands I have seen praised on this site.

I can attest of supermediastore.com and thier products. I ordered the TY 100 pack for $27, got them within a week, packed nicely and they have the TYG01 media code. The only coasters I have are ones I messed up something myself. My PS2 actually likes these more than a Verbatim 8x that I had DMC3 burned on. The Verbatim wouldn't play, but I reburned on a TY and its flawless. I have even heard some people have ordered the 4x TYs and gotten the 8x TYG02s.

8. Synthetix

Synthetix Regular member

I'm another loyal fan of TY's......first time going throught the 100pk of TYG01's. About 65 burnt flawlessly, and 1 coaster, but this was do to a dirty disk. Can't stress enough how much this media has been good to all my dvd players, even xbox 1st generation (had problem w/only 1 movie on my xbox, but played great on the stand alone).

Supermediastore.com is reputable, backed up by hundreds of people here on afterdawn.

9. na_tra

na_tra Member

666:

I will find it out tomorrow when I receive the package. I read its review at supermediastore.com from other linkyo users.

10. Unjust2u

Unjust2u Regular member

Hello Again, well i tried out one of these TY's Media Code TYG01 Best media i've ever used! Hats off to supermediastore.com , i'm impressed! i do have a unrelated question if i may ask? How do i go about getting one of those pictures some of you members have below your posts?? is there a link or a site i can go to that explains how i can do that?? just curious ? Thanks a bunch /unjust

11. Brasco23

Brasco23 Member

Thank you very much, if anyone has any imput on Ritek please let me know. I would like how they compare.

12. eric545

eric545 Regular member

Brasco23

What Burner are you using and what software are you buring with? I have found that the hardware and software both make a big difference.

13. Brasco23

Brasco23 Member

I use Nero, and I use dvd dycrypter as software. I have a plexar external and a toshiba internal. Let me know what you think. What is firmware and how do you get it!

14. caylan

caylan Guest

I use Ridata G04 injet printable and have burned over 400 of these dvds to date and have had only 2 coasters so far. I purchased all my Ridata from http://www.meritline.com/ during the past 6 months and found that the Ridata's are factory sealed, and the manifacture codes have always been correct.

They run about .32 per disc, but the printable surface and dvd quality in my mind ranks up there with ty's.