1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEED HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by flbeserk, Apr 25, 2003.

1. flbeserk

flbeserk Member

ok i have a sony DRU-500AX Burner that is DVD+-R/RW and i want to know how to back up ps2 games i read to many stuff i want a sure fire thing and i want to know which mod to use to play them can some please reply it would be of greeat help thanx.

2. c7015

c7015 Regular member

there is allot of info on the site if you do a search but I will give you a sure fire way

1) use nero make an image of the game to the hard drive then burn (if your ps2is version 1-3 burn a -r disk if your version is 3-7 it dosent matter you can burn either

2) you need a mod chip magic 3.1 or messiah 2 will be good

3. jsg-newb

jsg-newb Guest

I have several .bin & .cue PS2 DVD files that Nero 5.5.10 won’t burn onto Memorex DVD-R using a Sony DVD Burner DRX-500ULX. I know Nero can use the burner because I’m 4 of 4 on DVD backups of some PS2 games.

In Nero I select my Sony burner as the recorder, insert a blank DVD-R, open the burn image option, and select my cue file then a Nero message box immediately appears telling me: “Sorry, your compilation cannot be written on this kind of disk…….Medium Required for the compilation : CD-R/RW”

Problem is…It is a DVD PS2 game. Just for the hell of it I put it a CD-R…If failed.

I have searched and searched through goggle and afterdawn but can’t find anything that helps solve this problem. Any suggestions ??? THANKS !!!!!!

4. knoxl

knoxl Guest

I have the same dvd burner, i use a no-solder chip for version4 ps2, im against solder chips because they make your system die after a month, but it can be fixed-I rather not go through the hassle and installing a no-solder is easy. I use swap magic 2.0 cds to boot games and they work flawlessly. For media, I use TDK DVD-R and Nero software to copy.

Whatever your choice, Good Luck!

5. AftarDawn

AftarDawn Member

TDK dvd-r using the newest nero program...

the best combination ive used yet!!!!