1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help please

Discussion in 'PS2' started by ssongokuh, Jun 4, 2004.

1. ssongokuh

ssongokuh Member

ok i recently used mirc to download FFVII it came as a rar file and i unzipped now i have 3 700 mb files that are in .mdf form. how do i convert them so i can burn to CD or do i just burn to CD in current form ?

2. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

read rules no warez allowed...

3. conny119

conny119 Guest

i would edit that if i were you

4. ssongokuh

ssongokuh Member

also says no piracy allowed but seem to be all yall are doing =/

5. Hanedrick

Hanedrick Regular member

How are we engaging in piracy? This forum is about backing up games [bold]you[/bold] own. Downloading a game means that you most likely don't own the original and is therefore piracy.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    Version 10 ps2.
    Fliptop Cover/smd[/small]

Last edited: Jun 4, 2004
  6. conny119

conny119 Guest

you just think that people are doing priacy coz u do

7. erichm

erichm Guest

Many people make archival copies of their media because of past losses. I have had over 200 original dvd's stolen at one time and I can never afford for that to happen again. Now I make a backup and keep the original in a very safe place.

You have no right to burn a disc that you don't own. People come to this site for many different reasons. To make a comment that everyone here are pirates is a blanket statement.

If you keep making comments like this I am sure a moderator will ban you for misuse.

.mdf stands for media descriptor file. Most likely made with alcohol 120. It is an iso image.

Another note:
    You can find FFVII in discount bins everywhere. I pickup up my copy for 9.99 at gamestop. The cd's were perfect and the backup was flawless.

8. ssongokuh

ssongokuh Member

i have ff7 the copie of it on playstation my brother has both and he's in GA right now so. Not really piracy i've beat the game like 300 times just a great title and felt like playing it right now. Ill just wait a week. And as for me doing piracy. Nope unlike yall i dont mod chip my system i buy games legally. btw the FF7 i downloaded was PC version.

9. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

Ok, that's nice but talk of downloading warez is still against the rules here whether you own them or not or where ever they might be located the time for whatever reason.

10. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

not only posting warez is bad you posting in the wrong forum aswell.. you talking about the pc... not ps1 or ps2.... either way you dl it.. pc or not original or not if you DID own original FFVII for pc you would know that its VERY easy to copy... btw we CANT tell you what to do or what to dl or not... but we CAN tell you that if you do dl n come here asking about how to burn it or what to do with it... dont post in here you will not get an answer or probably will get a ban or flamed by other members... o n p.s... having a mod chip is NOT a crime its not warez.. we DONT steal chips... unlike you who does steal games...
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG][/small]

Last edited: Jun 4, 2004
  11. rckr911

rckr911 Member

I have a question when i burn a game and i play the burned version and i want to play online it doesnt work is there a way to fix that?

12. Hanedrick

Hanedrick Regular member

Are you using a modchip or a fliptop/slide with the swap magic?

13. rckr911

rckr911 Member

im using swap and slide=swap magic and slide tool

14. Hanedrick

Hanedrick Regular member

15. rckr911

rckr911 Member

WHat is a cd loader some games need a cd loader to play? what is it and where can i get it?

16. convolute

convolute Regular member

rckr911
    Don't double post the same question on different threads...
    Also, try doing a search next time before asking; its been answered numerous times.

www.swapmagicfix.com is the website to get cdloader, as well as it lists the games that require it, depending on which version of ps2 you have.

It allows swap magic users to play backups of some games that have special or different disk-checks that typically just swap magic cannot pass.

17. rckr911

rckr911 Member

yes and when i open the thing up in swapmagicfix.com it gives me three websites and a cd loader and cdloader.cue what do i do with that?

18. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

the .cue file contains the settings used by the burning software to burn the .bin file correctly so if you load the cue file in your burning software it should automaticly load and burn the bin file for you.cd loader need to be burnt to a cdr and would recomend that you select a burn speed of 4x

19. rckr911

rckr911 Member

ok thank you