1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help please

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jbeck85, Jan 22, 2005.

1. jbeck85

jbeck85 Member

I have used shrink to backup all files and when i goto Nero to burn it to a DVD and goto new compilation DVD-video isn't one of the options...Only CD type formats. I have installed/uninstalled 3 times but still can not choose DVD as a medium type. Any suggestions?? Thanks

2. zombieman

zombieman Regular member

what version nero are you using? If it is nero 6 you need to (step 1)toggle from cd to dvd in the top middle of the screen. (step 2) make sure you are in advanced mode or the dvd video option will not show up. the little people will have shades on and be wearing black clothing when you are in advanced mode. (step 3) is the dvd option you need to choose. sorry for the big images, hope you dont have dialup.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Once you get there you need to put all your .VOB files etc.. in the VIDEO_TS folder. The AUDIO_TS folder will remain empty. Name the disk (I always use all caps and no spaces in the names, nor do i use underscores in the places of wouldbe spaces such as this " _ " ive found standalone dvd players that will not play disks with underscores in the titles". Once you do all that then burn at no higher than 4x, higher than that tends to give glitches in the video.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2005
  3. colw

colw Active member

If you are using an OEM version of Nero, it is possbile that the DVD burning options will be disabled.

You can download a fully functioning trail version from Nero's website.