1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help please

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by gary_uk21, Apr 17, 2007.

1. gary_uk21

gary_uk21 Regular member

my wife has an Motorola v3 (pink one) she put her o2 sim card in and is asking for a Subsidy password. just wondered if anyone knew what this is and can anyone help me sort this problem out???

thanx

gary_uk21

2. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

It appears that you are in the UK? If so I may not be able to help much, but here goes my best effort. If your wife's phone is asking for a subsidy code, it most likely is locked to a different carrier/telecom provider than what the sim card is. Which sim card are you using, and which carrier name is engraved/pasted on the back of the V3? (Should also show a carrier during the startup animation scene).
    Also, is it a true V3 model or a different model like a V3C, x or something else?

Assuming a couple of things, you have a GSM type phone, which can be unlocked with a couple of programs and a USB cord.

Check which version bootloader you have installed on your phone, you most likely have either 8.26 or 8.23, both which can be downgraded with a bootloader downgrade program. To check the version bootloader you have, turn the phone off, wait a couple of seconds, then press the #,*, and power on buttons on at the same time. You will then see a black/white screen with the bootloader version info on it.
    The next step is to run the Motorola Unlocker program, after that you will be able to use any SIM card with your now unlocked V3 phone.
    If any of my assumptions are wrong, please let me know before we go any further.

Since AD forum rules prevent me from direct linking to sites which may offer "Warezs" type software, I can however link you to a tutorial site which has links to other links which I believe is okay according to the rules. I apologize for the run around but one does what one needs to do.
    Here are a couple of helpful links to check out.
    start here

downgrader info

how to unlock the phone
    Link to a link for unlocking software
    I unlocked my Cingular V3 which I won in a giveaway from Pepsi last summer, and it works great on SunCom. I hope this info helps.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2007