1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help plz... Speaker power up question

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by KiLLCraZy, Apr 24, 2007.

1. KiLLCraZy

KiLLCraZy Member

so I bought these speakers here:
    http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2414,CONTENTID=11653

i have no clue what voltage power etc is and whats needed about it but basically what I want to know is how can I power these speakers up thought a car cigarette lighter.

on the logitech website about the speakers is gives this:

# International voltage AC power adapter (100-240V)

like I said b4, i dont really know what that means in voltage standards but then I started looking on amazon for something that can power this up and found this:

http://www.amazon.com/Audiovox-DP96...7?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1177274474&sr=8-2

and basically I wanted to know will this form amazon be able to power up the speakers?

Now i know there are many other options on to do this like, battier s (I don't wanna constantly buy them), iTrp devices and all that, which I would love to use but they requier FM radio and my radion only stays on AM.

So will this be able to power on the speakers? If not... Can someone plz help me out into finding a device that will power the speakers?

thanks in advance

2. nownthen

nownthen Regular member

It should work. It says it can power a gaming system so speakers shouldn't be a problem.

If your looking for just the purposes of only powering this one device you might want to try one of those kits for powering a portable cd player with the lighter. You can get a general purpose one with a variety of connectors so that they can connect to most devices and you can change the power output setting. Then you would have the added bonus of only having to carry around one cord and you won't have the big black plug hanging around in your car.

It should work because it can run off of 4 batteries. I've seen portable players with either 2 or 4.

Another option is to find portable speakers that don't require additional power.