1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help plz

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by Evi1demon, Jan 8, 2008.

1. Evi1demon

Evi1demon Member

i actually brought a wii which i dont know anythings lolx but i have been reading the fourm and understand some things but still need some help.
    1.i check up the version of what i have and it is 3.0j and i know there have 3.1j how can i upgrade it?

2.is the 3.0j the mod chip i have ? if it is can any1 tell me what chip is it? i check up and say mine is nstc j. but is nstc j a kind of mod chip?

3.the fourm say i can check up my mod chip by opening wii. and ya i tried it but dont know how to open it...sorry can any teach how to open or got link?

4.whats the different between pal,ntsc u ,ntsc j. i read up but dont understand it.

need help really thx...

2. NDarkness

NDarkness Regular member

Alright right off the bat I know that you are way confused.

1. You can upgrade your Wii's firmware by either hooking your Wii up to the internet or by updating with a recent game.

2. 3.0J is your Wii's firmware...not a modchip. NTSCJ is just the region where your Wii has come from which is Japan. So you have a Japanese Wii.

3. If you want to check on what CHIP SET your Wii has then go here and enter the Wii's serial number-

http://nintendo-scene.com/wiitracker/search.php

4. PAL is European, NTSCU is American, NTSCJ is Japanese/Asia

3. Evi1demon

Evi1demon Member

ok thx for the help but i got some more question. so you say i have a NSTC j wii which is from japan... with a normal mod chip can i play copied NSTC U and pal game? cause i insert some of this disc nth come out...the wii cant even load the disc...if my wii can play this game, i need go to the retail to ask about my wii...

4. NDarkness

NDarkness Regular member

Well you can enable partial region free to your Wii so some games will work. But be aware about bricking.

Your Wii will not read original games? There is a problem with your Wii. You will need to return it.

5. Evi1demon

Evi1demon Member

emm orginal game my wii can read it. i have check from the website u gave me and check my chip is GC2-D2C, which mod chip is it? And got guide on how to update wii throught internet with picture? cause i dont know how to read jap...sorry for asking so many question.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2008
  6. juniR

juniR Guest

You don't have a modchip fitted as far as I can see from all I read here - You bought the Wii and tried to run backups assuming it has a modchip in. The modchip is something extra which you have to have fitted.

I may be wrong but that's how it looks to me?

The D2CKey is the most popular modchip for your machine at this moment and if you have one fitted then it's almost certainly that one. If not you might want to pay for it to be installed.

7. Evi1demon

Evi1demon Member

sorry got another question... can my NSTC j wii play pal game with mod chip?