1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help quick

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by hurerah, Feb 17, 2008.

1. hurerah

hurerah Member

i just got my ps3 a week ago and i want to return it but i got my ps3 with the 65mm cell and i heard that ps3 has a new 45mm cell know so if i return it tomarrow witch one will i get btw i have a 80 gig ps3 any help is greatly thanked

2. canuckerz

canuckerz Regular member

Odds are if they have any in 80 gigs in stock you wont have a choice and they will give you another 80 gig. The 40 gig's have the new 45nm processors in them, but no BWC, so if you don't care about playing ps2 games definitely go for the 40 gig model.

3. hurerah

hurerah Member

i am sure they have the 80 gig in stock but is the 45nm a good thing sorry i am new to ps3 anyway i am returning because i update it to 2.10 and i found out the tiff exploit for 1.80, when i got my it was 1.80 and upgate it to 1.82 so i can play heavenly sword and the next thing i knew i was on 2.10 if you know anything about the tiff exploit can u give me some info and should i return the 2.10 ps3 or whight for 2.10 tiff exploit

4. hurerah

hurerah Member

5. canuckerz

canuckerz Regular member

Careful you aren't allowed to bump on here ^.^'

The 45nm processor doesnt run faster than the 60nm one necessarily, it just runs more efficiently. Meaning cooler and uses less energy, the colder run temps may equate into more performance but the speed difference probably wont be noticeable but the endurance should be.

And you wont find a 40 gig model with that old of a firmware on it, odds are they would come with 1.93 or newer on it.

6. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

I wouldn't return it,but that is just my opinion.The Tiff exploit is fake,and has always been fake.Just keep what you got,and be satisfied as the chipset doesn't make that much of a difference.The 45nm chips are cheaper to produce,that is why they are putting them in the consoles.

7. hurerah

hurerah Member

so team ice is a fake

8. canuckerz

canuckerz Regular member

Yes, their exploits were confirmed fake.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2008
  9. hurerah

hurerah Member

too bad i was happy about it

so what about the vids on youtube and do u know any mods for the future