1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help reattaching silver ribbon.

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by ArciliteI, Mar 7, 2005.

1. ArciliteI

ArciliteI Member

I recently purchased a SM 3.3, i was too lazy to use the swap card so i had decided to just leave the lid off, eventually the silver ribbon with the reset/eject button disconnected from the ps2 itself. It's still connected to the buttons, but it's no longer connected to the ps2, and I don't know how to reconnect it. My ps2 is version 4, thanks for all the help in advance

2. flyersman

flyersman Regular member

im pretty sureu have to get to the motherboard anbd resolder it

3. Prize99

Prize99 Regular member

nah, u do not have to re-soder it. i had this problem when i accidently tore the peice in half. If your full ribbon is still in tact then all u have to do is basically slide it into this slot near the motherboard. take apart ur PS2 till u can see where it connected to (below the cdrom drive). Its suppose to connect near two other ribbons for i think the controller port and something else. If u notice that the ribbon was cut or wont insert back in then check this site out and buy another one for $7 you can shop by PS2 version on this site, http://www.richspsxparts.com/
    This is where i got my ribbon from and i was able to fix my ps2.

4. JoeN00b

JoeN00b Guest

getting it back in is a bitch. I accidently pulled mine out when I was installing the hard drive (i too leave the top off as I'm too cheap to buy a flip top right now).

5. ArciliteI

ArciliteI Member

Yeah, i finally got it back in after flipping it over and unscrewing the bottom, it sure is a bitch to reattach. At first I thought i seriously broke it because the whole inside of the console shifted to the left and the controller ports fell out, i almost fainted. But eventually i got it in, and that was that