1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help recovering RAID1

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by KillerBug, Dec 18, 2011.

1. KillerBug

KillerBug Active member

Here is the situation...I have a RAID1 array that is broken. It was doing an automated monthly verification between the drives when the power went out. Now both of the drives from this array display as "RAID 1 Inoperable", and both claim to be the second drive of the pair. They also both claim to be working "OK" with no disk errors. I have tried connecting both drives to the mainboard SATA ports directly, but both show up as blank disks with no partitions. I then tried connecting just one to the hardware RAID card along with a new blank disk and doing a recovery but it refuses to even attempt it...I tried this with both of the drives. Then, I tried switching the drives to different ports on the hardware RAID card, and one of them displays as being a part of a different raid set (the raid set I removed to free the port I switched to), while the other appears as a blank disk.

What next?

2. KillerBug

KillerBug Active member

Nope...no recovery. Some of them found the partition, but the boot sectors were not recoverable so I couldn't decode the data.

3. KillerBug

KillerBug Active member

The AES key was on the boot sector...the boot sectors are both scrambled, so I can't recover anything.

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

spammer spammed