1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help - Sound DEAD - Sound Jack problem - How do I open up PSP?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Student2, Jul 22, 2007.

1. Student2

Student2 Member

Hi,

For the past year or so, my PSP has been acting up and the sound only worked in one ear unless i fiddled with the position of the sound jack was (at the time, I also couldn't get sound if no ear plugs/speaker were in). Now, no sound works. And I like to use my PSP to play music and watch videos.

I thought about sending it to the service centre in Whitby (I am from Toronto), but the prices on www.mtcservice.com leads me to believe that it will cost $99+Tax.

I rather try and solve this problem myself than shell out 1/2 the cost of a PSP. I may have to toy with the sound jack connection internally, or buy a new sound jack all together. Can post more on hardware if I can figure out how to open it.

Help is appreciated. I've attached some pictures to help.

Picture 1 - Picture of sound jack, fine (no sound)
    [​IMG]

Picture 2 - Picture of sound jack loose (no sound)
    [​IMG]

Picture 3 - Picture of PSP Backside
    [​IMG]

Picture 4 - Picture of PSP Frontside
    [​IMG]

Picture 5 - Picture of PSP Bottomside
    [​IMG]

THANKS FOR ANY HELP!

2. DRUGLESS

DRUGLESS Regular member

You may find what you need here.

3. vcbc

vcbc Regular member

Yes, the board inside where it connects the Wifi/Memory card/Phone jack is socketed to the mobo, the socket might be broken, when u were moving it around you probably got the connection back. You should take it apart and see if u can fix the bent pins (if you have any and see if u can connect it back together.)