1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEED HELP!!!!!Stupid Flashing Problems

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by HighFlyin, May 15, 2007.

1. HighFlyin

HighFlyin Guest

I have the Toshiba TS-H943a ms28.

When using mtkflash ver.183c(aug 2004) i see:
    1.NF4SAT1 Pri.Master
    2.NF4SAT1 Pri.Slave

When using mtkflash ver.n4(may 2006) i see:
    1.360DRIVE Pri.Master
    2.360DRIVE Pri.Slave

No matter what version of mtkflash i use i get this after choosing the drive: Port:9f0, Master/Slave: a0

I have been hammering at this for 9hrs now. I think i have read just about every tutorial and nothing as helped me. I hope someone can point me in a new right direction

Motherboard: Abit NV-8 with on Board SATA

2. fgamer

fgamer Guest

Did you do the 10 second trick?

3. HighFlyin

HighFlyin Guest

Sure did. I wait till i get the options, turn the xbox off. wait 10 sec turn it on and choose opt 1 and i still get the Port:9f0, Master/Slave: a0

People say turn the xbox off,make your choice,once it starts to search then turn the xobx on. but it doesnt search on mine it goes straight to Port:9f0, Master/Slave: a0 wether the xbox is on or not with i make the choice.

4. user473

user473 Regular member

do this type in mtkflash r /sata /m orig.bin........should read if you get the port error type that in ,turn off 360 hit the correct button (1 or 2) then turn 360 on..after u got orig then type in mtkflash w /sata /m 42a.bin(or whatever bin your using)

5. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

one maybe your sata chipset on that motherboard is not compatible. get a via6421 sata pci card that has like a 100% sucess rate.

6. HighFlyin

HighFlyin Guest

I just ordered one off newegg

My Spare computer with a MSI motherboard K7N2 Delta-ILSR and if i remember correctly it says on the chip VIA and it wont even find the drive on DOS.

7. shinnster

shinnster Regular member

shouldnt that command be mtkflash r /m /sata orig.bin & mtkflash w /m /sata X(xtreme firmware version).bin

@ highflyin

try tunring the 360 on at different times, or plugging the sata cable in at different times, sometimes this can make a difference. But i would suggest wait till you got the via card and you'll flash it first time :)

Last edited: May 16, 2007
  8. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

That's not the correct way. It's turn off the 360, select the option you want, count to 10, turn the 360 back on.

9. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

yeah ps2menace is right you wait ten after selecting option then turn on!

Last edited: May 16, 2007
  10. HighFlyin

HighFlyin Guest

Once i pick the option is goes to Port:9f0, Master/Slave: a0
    wether the xbox is on or not.

11. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

ya, your onboard chipset is not compatible, my intel was not compatible and it never worked always did what it is doing for you. got my via sata card and it worked no problems.

12. HighFlyin

HighFlyin Guest

Somebody in a other forum said that too. I ordered a VIA PCI SATA card lastnight. Now its playing the waiting game for it to come. Anybody know a great tutorial for backing up games and burning?

13. sanger

sanger Member

Flyin', let me know what you find out with your card. I foolishly flashed my MS25 with MS28 firmware and now I cannot read with my on-board set so I ordered the card (is here today). I am keeping my fingers crossed I can flash it correctly to MS25 because when I try to flash with on-board now it is hanging at the same point with "970"....

14. HighFlyin

HighFlyin Guest

Received my VIA VT6421a SATA PC card today from NewEgg. Going to pop it into the pc when i get home tonight. I'll post the outcome.

15. user473

user473 Regular member

look say what u want but you dont have too wait ten sec..i hit it in like 3 sec and ive flashed like 15 ms28s with this command ...mtkflash r /sata /m orig.bin...so on and so on

16. HighFlyin

HighFlyin Guest

My Toshiba-Samsung TS-H943 ver:ms28 flash perfectly using the new VIA PC Sata Card and wonderful tutorial.

Tutorial:

PC SATA Card:

The new sata samsung drive for my pc is on its way to backup my games. Soon i'll get to play the 360 LOL

17. HighFlyin

HighFlyin Guest

All parts and firmware installed. So far so good.