1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help to choose a solderless modchip

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by dowzer, Apr 30, 2005.

1. dowzer

dowzer Member

I am considering modding my xbox - version 1.0 I think - would like opinions on the best solderless chip to use - really am new to this and don't have any way to solder or anyone I know to help - I have seen adverts for the xenium ice solderless and xenium spice solderless - i just need one that is easy to install and reliable - i have read about dashboards,bios etc - if anyone can recommend what i need i will be very grateful.

thanks in anticipation!

2. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

The best solderless chips are the Xecutor 3 and Xenium SP.ICE mod chips. Both you will need to buy an extra solderless adapter for, so you can expect to spend around $70-$90 (U.S) total for everything. If you can solder a little bit, you will spend around $60 for a chip.

I know that this site, http://webpages.charter.net/modchipzone/index.htm puts in Xecutor 3 chips for only $100. Many of my friends have gotten their chips put in thier Xbox's by him and were very impressed. They sent in their Xbox's and got them back almost instantly! So you should check that out.

3. Degallle

Degallle Regular member

You can actually get a xenium ice with the solderless adaptor on a second day air from ups, for only 68.98 from www.bmmods.com and it's extremly simple to use you can actually use a usb jumpdrive (if you have one) to flash and update the OS on the xenium instantly, and have access to mod it out through it's FTP server built in, but it's all up to you i'm just giving you some more info on the xenium ice. Hope you have fun and welcome to the modding scene lol.

Degalle

4. dowzer

dowzer Member

thanks to both of you for your recommendations - will check out what you said and hope to have joined the modding scene soon.

5. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Well welcome aboard!

6. havingfun

havingfun Member

dowzer,

If you have Xbox v1.0, you have to desolder the points on the mobo in order for you to use solderless adapter because MS filled the holes with the soldering already. Or you can use the Quick-solder method and solder directly to mobo without using solderless adapter. Either way, you have to use the soldering iron one way or another for v1.0. If you are attempting to desolder, make sure you practice on the old electronic board using desoldering braids. Good luck.

7. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Yup, havingfun is right, check your version before you order!

8. dowzer

dowzer Member

thanks every1 - will give it a go soon - see if I can find some1 who has soldered a bit before!

9. mooo

mooo Member

try www.modchip-store.co.uk m8 loads over there

10. mooo

mooo Member