1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help to connect ps3 to wired dsl modem pls help

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by funky22, Mar 30, 2007.

1. funky22

funky22 Guest

Ok i got broadband internet and every time i go on net on pc i need to sing in password and user name and ps3 dont have password sing, ps3 find modem and ip addres when he test the modem and then some error pls people how to connet him to internet should i buy wireless acces point or what pls help :)

2. DBM_Bones

DBM_Bones Regular member

You will need to get a router, these have the passwords built into the menu, and allow more that one device to use your BB, modems are dumb, and only allow one device.

Your be best to get a wireless router, as the PS3 has a wireless connection as well as cabled.

All wireless routers will allow wired and wireless connections, so don't worry if your PC don't have a wireless card etc.

a lot of routers will come as a kit tho, with a USB or PCI card for your PC.

Check out ebay or ebuyer you should be able to pick one up cheep.

3. funky22

funky22 Guest

Thx allot mate i just got buffalo WHR-HP-G54 its 125mbs wirreles and its wired router also :) now just to connet that all and download some demos for ps3 and play online :)

4. DBM_Bones

DBM_Bones Regular member

No Problem,

That was quick, have fun playing on-line. RFOM ownz on-line.

5. funky22

funky22 Guest

yea i got resistance fall of man and call of duty to play online its amazing now my laptop ,destkop,psp and ps3 are connected to net over that router i cant wait to get some pro evo on ps3 and grand turismo :)