1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help to view CSO video file on 3.03 OE-C

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by vin002, Mar 19, 2007.

1. vin002

vin002 Member

Hi,

I am currently using firmware 3.03 OE-C and tried to play a copy of CSO video file which cannot be done.

I downloaded UMD Emulator V0.8C and followed the instrucitons:
    1) copy UMDEMULATOR & UMDEMULATOR% to PSP/Game folder
    2) copy UMDEMULATOR to root of ms
    3) copy the CSO video file to ISO folder
    4) changed my kernel to 1.5

However, I still get the corrupted picture error message in the PSP game menu.

Did I done any thing incorrect or it cannot be done. Appreciate advices. Thanks.

2. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

first off...why do you need to run an emulator on an OE?
    second, change the region settings; there are regional requirements on all UMD movies...

3. vin002

vin002 Member

Hi,

Thanks for replying... Have been waiting...

The reason for getting a emulator on OE is because the movie CSO file did not show up the in memory stick PSP game menue. I thought I will be able to load it with an emulator.

Do you mean in the recovery mode to change to region free setting? I did not even get the emulator to load yet as it got the error message.

4. vin002

vin002 Member

The other Emulator that I have downloaded is DAXZISO. It did not give me the corrupted data error. However, whenever I tried to load the CSO file, the screen blank and freeze. I have to reboot the system back. Any reson why? Is it DAXZISO cannot work on OE?

5. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

DAX's zISO only works for fw 1.5, and all you need to do to load CSOs & ISOs is reformat your memory stick & a ISO folder should show up in your MS root... throw all CSOs & ISOs in there...

6. vin002

vin002 Member

Meaning even if I changed my kernel in recovery to 1.5 also will not work?

I have also tried formating my MS. Actually all the rest of the game files, I have no problems playing whether CSO or ISO or PSX.

The only problem is that the movie CSO files cannot be shown in the OE, so I thought will need a loader to assist. However, seems like most of the player only applicable if I downgrade to 1.5...

7. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

nah....kernel 1.50 is basically the flash0 settings to allow you to run homebrew....

& as far as movie ISO's & CSO's go......there are regional settings in the Recovery which must be changed along with a few other bits of configuration...to get Movie backups to work...

8. gazq1979

gazq1979 Guest

hello there im in need of help ive downloaded loads of psp games and there all in winrar format so i extract them all and i still cant get them in iso or cso format what am i doing wrong and what progrm should i be using
    many thanks

9. vin002

vin002 Member

So meaning when changed to kernel 1.5, basically I can load the DAXZISO. However to run the movie COS file using DAXZISO, I have to set the region setting in recovery. Actually DAXZISO has setting to indicate region free still not enough and have to go to recovery?

But in recovery, there is no region free so I have to set one region?

10. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

no.....you cannot use it unless you are running Sony firmware 1.50

..not CFW of any kind, ISO,CSO,JSO only types I know besides eboots that work on CFWS....

the 1.50 Kernel Setting Allows you to run your homebrews (dgen,snesx9,mame,pops) *& all that jazz...

& 3.03 Kernel setting allows you to play all the new Sony downloadable content....

****heres a wierd side-note...
    I have ratchet & clank, which I was told was suppose to be for 3.10 Sony....and I have it working on 3.03 OE-C with no glitches....except my save DATA; but thats from something I did [ UE ]...
    ******\\-->

Now, for the movie ISOs.....I havent tried to dl any movies...I havent been a fan of watching movies that arent on a huge screen....lol habits i know...

...in Recovery\Configuration:

disable free UMD region...

then, change the fake region to where ever the movie you are trying to watch is suppose to have been released for....US? JPN? RSA? UK? AU?

yaddamen?

[edit4typo]

Last edited: Mar 21, 2007
  11. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

& didnt I help you in another forum? already.... and tell you to stop multi-posting? "Thread-Hijacker?" can I say that with out getting another tour du force from the admins.....?

thank you...

12. vin002

vin002 Member

Roger. Meaning I can only watch it with the UMD emulator if I downgrade from 3.03 OEC to 1.5 FW. Thanks.

13. unity1

unity1 Member

I too have the same problem using 3.10-OEA2.
    I've put the movie iso into the ISO folder. Regardless of the settings or combination of region settings, no UMD etc in the config the movie will not play of appear on the XMB.

The game iso's work fine and can be seen in the game/memory stick.

The movie does not appear under movie/memorystick or does it work if I select movie/UMD (if I have a UMD inserted).

Has anyone tried to use a movie iso and got it to work. I've serched the forum and this is the only one that has the same basic thread.