1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help transcoding a video

Discussion in 'Convert video to another format' started by Steffenfield, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Steffenfield

Steffenfield Newbie

Hey guys.

So here's the files:

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=94839800924044771934

It's around 8.5 megs and it's a visual audiobook.

I ripped it with DVDShrink with no compression and I did this correctly.

Handbrake can't find a "Title" for it.

DVDFab and Freemake both locked up on me.

All other attempts with different video apps were junk.

At best they would play every image in a few seconds while the audio continued.

I have struggled to find an answer and I'm hoping someone can problem solve this for me.

You don't have to upload the results, just tell me what you did to transcode the file correctly that's good enough to post on YouTube.

I have another 10 videos like that one so I'm only looking for a response which will let me transcode the others as well.

VLC plays it perfectly but it doesn't allow me to record it properly for some reason.

I've tried most everything for the past few weeks so I'm hoping someone here knows more than myself on this.

Cheers.

2. attar

attar Senior member

The video (which has only 12 frames) is too damaged to convert by normal methods (during playback in VLC for example, the time is seen to jump from sixteen seconds to twenty-two seconds).
    Apart from doing a screen capture of the video playback, all I can suggest is using an audio editor to select each 'chapter' audio and save each as a wav file.
    The video frames can be exported in various ways and saved as .bmp files.
    Using ffmpeg, a small video is made using each .bmp and corresponding .wav file.
    Lastly, the videos are joined.
    Link has the first two chapters in mp4 format.
    It would be simple enough to use this method for your video - doing the entire New Testament would tax the best of us.

https://www.mediafire.com/?e3qqo2j8viynie2

Steffenfield likes this.
  3. Steffenfield

Steffenfield Newbie

I've been able to convert most of the entire Bible.

There's still about 12 small books like that one though which I'm not fully able to understand on what to do.

I've translated Japanese video games into English so I'm fairly good with searching for pointers and editing files in a hex editor.

Is there a site where I can learn the encoding and how they work for all of these files DVD Shrink produces?

There's a good chance I might be able to hack them to get the results I would like.

4. Steffenfield

Steffenfield Newbie

Thank you so much for your help Attar. :)

I have asked on 5 other huge sites and you were the only one to respond.

Anyway, I found the answer.

Womble works perfect on this DVD.

http://www.womble.com/download/index.html

tictoksol likes this.