1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help unbricking my partially bricked psp

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by spliff125, Feb 22, 2007.

1. spliff125

spliff125 Member

i just put an custom xmb wave on my psp, but every time i try to reboot my psp it freezes. but i can still manage to get into recovery menu.( i am running proof of concept firmware). and i tried to reinstall the firmware (1.50). i get a black screen,can any body help me please. i also tried to use the wininstaller but i still get a black screen and my psp turns off. please help im willing to try any thing to get my psp working again.

2. chick3n

chick3n Member

Try reading the instructions on the wininstaller (make sure you have downloaded the "recovery" wininstaller) CAREFULLY. Most people make the mistake of just pressing next. If the installer doesn't work, you're screwed. Completely.

3. balkie16

balkie16 Regular member

i got this problem when i forgot to change the name of wave to system w/e.rco just go recovery mode and go advance then toggle USB (flash0) then go vsh ,resource and put the original wave back in or put anywave you want just make sure the wave is renamed to system_plugin_bg.rco

4. spliff125

spliff125 Member

i also have another 1.50 psp is there a way to re-write the flash by copying my other psps flash to my semi-bricked psp