1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help updating from evo x 3752 to Evo x M8

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by enrtut, Nov 18, 2004.

1. enrtut

enrtut Guest

Can amybody help me out? I have been looking for the last 3 hours on the web for instructions on updating Evo X. I have the new files and they are a .bin file. How in the heck do I update my evo 3752 dash with this new dash, evo m8? Any help will be greatly appreceated!! Thanks.

2. ozy

ozy Regular member

Last edited: Nov 18, 2004
  3. enrtut

enrtut Guest

Well I may want to update the bios. The purpose to updating is to have evo current with what is out there. But I also want to use the added in part that newer evo's has that allows for trainer use instead of having to use the ISPWIN to patch and then add to the game file. I now have the evo 3935 do I still only need to swap the evoxdash.xbe and the evox.ini files, or will I need to update my bios? Just out of curiousity how would I update my bios?

Thanks for the quick reply and help so far!!

4. ozy

ozy Regular member

just replace the evoxdash.xbe file and see if it makes any difference.

5. enrtut

enrtut Guest

OK, I changed the xbe file and the ini file as it was different that the one I had. (Backed up the original files of course) Now I have the trainer window with the trainers that I ftp'd to the xbox, but now the trainer (Halo 2) will work? I have followed the steps to a T to install them. The games and xbox work properly, but the trainer did not load or is not working.

My current bios is Evox bios is 6 blue. I also have an older matrix chip. What do you think I should do?

6. ozy

ozy Regular member

7. enrtut

enrtut Guest

OK i have the bios, but is there a way to flash the mod chip without using the seperate programming module that came with it? (It connects to a port on the back of the computer and needs a 9V battery) I can't seem to find mine.

8. ozy

ozy Regular member

don't u have the option in system utlities of evox to flash your bios. Thats where mine is. You may want to also try replacing your evox.ini file aswell that may get the internal flash option working in evox. " Make sure you edit the .ini file first though otherwise you will have to change all your IP addresses. All you do is right click on the file and click edit and change the addesses in the new evox.ini file to match the old one and then replace

Last edited: Nov 20, 2004