1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help upgrading and downgrading PSP 3.01!!!

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Archie26, Mar 12, 2007.

1. Archie26

Archie26 Member

Hello I have a TA-082 PSP 3.01. IM trying to get to 3.03 0e C. Ive read the guides and they all say that you must upgrade to 3.03 first, then downgrade to 1.50 and then to 3.03 oe-C. Ive downloaded the 3.03 and 1.50 updates and the 3.03 downgrader as specified in the guide. The guide then says to put the 3.03 (EBOOT.PBP) file in /PSP/GAME/UPDATE/. I guess my first question would be do I rename the 3.03 file to EBOOT.PBP or do I leave it the way it is. Ive done both, changed it and left it alone and both tries did not work, I would just like to know if Im suppose to or not. Secondly I did not have a file named UPDATE in the GAME folder I had to create it, so it looked like this /PSP/Game. Did anyone else have this problem? Thirdly, after I created the UPDATE folder and put the 3.03 file there, on the PSP main menu I went to games and to the memory card to load the file like the guide says. When I try to load it it says file is corrupt!!! I have downloaded the 3.03 update file many times from several different sources because I thought maybe I had a bad file but they cant all be bad. Im usually pretty good at these sort of things but this one has me scratching my head. Please someone help !!! P.S. Sorry this is so long.

2. paul91

paul91 Regular member

yes leave the 3.03 update as EBOOT.PBP and place in x/PSP/GAME/UPDATE then run the update

for ALL information regarding downgrading look here http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/about17935.html

just follow all instructions carefully and dont do anything stupid like turn off psp, take out battery blah blah blah

once downgraded use hexitnow's winstaller for OE-C and u should be good to go ;)

3. Archie26

Archie26 Member

Okay I put the 3.03 update (named EBOOT.PBP) into /PSP/GAME/UPDATE/ but every time I try to load it it says the file is corrupt.So Im still stuck on 3.01. I do have to upgrade to 3.03 first before I can downgrade right? Ive downloaded the 3.03 update file many times and they all say that they are corrupt, am I doing something wrong?

4. paul91

paul91 Regular member

5. Archie26

Archie26 Member

I figured it out!!! You have to rename the 3.03 file to EBOOT not EBOOT.PBP otherwise it will say corrupted file.

6. paul91

paul91 Regular member

yeh thats exactly what i said :p

did u have it as EBOOT.PBP.PBP ?

7. Archie26

Archie26 Member

Must have had a brainfart from all this reading and overlooked it. Its funny that the problem is usually the most simplest thing. Thanks