1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help urgently

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by allanwlls, Oct 6, 2003.

1. allanwlls

allanwlls Guest

ok here is my problem,i recently bought a laptop with a dvd+rw. i bought some balnk philips dvd+r disks and decided to try backing up some of my dvds and as i hire alot of dvds,to copy them as i hired them(yes i know its wrong)
    anyway i have been using
    dvddecrypter
    dvdshrink and
    dvdclone
    the dvds have all been over 4.7gb so i have been ripping them using dvdtdecrypter
    then getting them down to size using dvd shrink and finnaly burning them using dvdclone,first time i did this it was with lotr the 2towers and it works on my pc but with no sound(i think this is because i didnt include the sound codec's while burning) but it didnt work on my dvd player,
    the second time was bulletproof monk using the same process but this time it works on neither my pc or dvd player. any ideas anyone? thanks for your help in advance

2. yuedana

yuedana Regular member

1. you don't need to use dvd decrypter since shrink will rip and compress in one step if you want.
    2. Are you burning the files into a VIDEO_TS folder as this is important for the standalone to playback the dvds.
    3. Be careful with +r as they are not as compatible as -r and it could be a player compatibility issue.
    you can check this at http://www.dvdrhelp.com/dvdplayers.php

3. baabaa

baabaa Active member

allanwlls, please could you read the forum rules as privacy is not welcomed here in any shape or form.....

A moderator may ban you unless you edit your post asap.....

You do not really need Dvd Decrypter in conjunction with Dvd Shrink as Dvd Shrink can handle the ripping process with ease....

Goto http://www.chrismccann.co.uk and check out the user guide for Dvd Shrink.....

Hope this helps....but do edit your post....

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Good lord, baabaa! No more privacy?

5. lainey

lainey Member

i use dvd x copy and dvd x express this copys shrinks and puts the film on a dvd-r if u have one in the drive dead easy