1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help using Nero Vision to create a DVD Menu with chapters on Main Menu

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by BalcomBJJ, Jan 9, 2007.

1. BalcomBJJ

BalcomBJJ Member

Guys,

Its my first post here, so please forgive my "Noob-ism". I tried searching through the forums to see if this question had been answered already, but my search came to no result, hence this post.

The issue im having is with creating a DVD, with I guess what you would call an Animated Menu. Now to clarify, I have already made the DVD Menu (the picture), but what I am trying to accomplish is basically having several of the different chapters available directly from the main menu.

For example:

Id like the menu to look something like this

Techniques (clicking this page will take you to the page with all of the techniques on it)

Technique 1
    Technique 2
    Technique 3
    Technique 4
    Technique 5

Hopefully I was descriptive enough with what im trying to do, and hopefully it can be done.

Thanks guys

2. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

The bottom line in NeroVision is that if a video is listed on the titles page, it gets a button on the primary menu. If a title has chapters, the chapters are listed on the page referenced by hitting the main menu button.

Beyond that, there are settings you can change as to how the menu navigation works. You can tell NV to do just a Title menu or Title and Sub menus or no menu at all.

You have navigation options if you use an animated button. If you are on the Select Menu page, you can click on the More button and have more navigation choices.

Try playing with some of those to see it you can get what you want. From what you say, I would suggest using one Title with the videos all on that one title, which you can do if you add the videos in the edit window instead of the title page. Then insert chapters where the videos start.

3. BalcomBJJ

BalcomBJJ Member

Guys,

Please excuse my barbaric description of what I was trying to do, and I think I miscommunicated myself in sorts, but I have been enlightened on how to ask the question.

This is what im trying to do. I want there to be 2 Menu pages on the DVD. The first page will be the Main Menu Page, which will look similar to this:

Play (this selection will just start the DVD from the beginning of my movie)

Chapters (this selection will take me to the second page I spoke of, that you can view in the next page write up)

Now the above was the main menu's page, below is how the page would look if you selected "chapters" option:

Main Menu (which will take me back to the main menu)

Chapter 1
    Chapter 2
    Chapter 3
    Chapter 4
    Chapter 5

This way I will be able to jump from chapter to chapter by simply selecting which chapter i'd like from the menu, instead of having to press play, then skip all over the place with the remote.

I've read the manual, and to my understanding, I didnt think I would be capable of it.

4. PaulDC

PaulDC Member

Hi BalcomBJJ,

I'm trying to figure out the same thing, but with no luck...Anyone have any ideas???

Please?

:)

5. Thailand8

Thailand8 Member

ITs not possible guys. I asked this same question about 6 months ago. I love how everybody praises Nero, but this simple thing, Nero is incapable of doing. If you look back about 5 or 6 months, you will see me "whining" about this. What you are trying to do is make a menu like the same kind of menu you would find on a dvd from the store....and it is just not possible with Nero. I dont know why these idiots who created Nero never thought of this. Most dvds have a main menu, and on the main menu it will have the following choices to click on "chapters, deleted scenes, bloopers, trailer".....then when you click on chapters, it will show another menu with all chapters...and a way to get back to the main menu....the same goes for clicking on deleted scenes,bloopers and trailers...This is how any NORMAL dvd is set up..but for some reason you can not do this with Nero. My whole reason for buying Nero is because I wanted to make dvds of things to sell on ebay that look genuine....I have found other ways to make money now because Nero has definately failed in that department and for that...I think its safe to say that Nero is a horrible program and extremely overrated on this forum. I think its amazing that nobody ever questions this when talking about the ups and downs of Nero...this is a major DOWN.