1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help!! Using swap magic

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by pipskicks, Sep 17, 2004.

1. pipskicks

pipskicks Member

I'm using swap magic (DVD version 2.0), I tried backing up 2 games that had major problems, Return to Castle Wolfenstein and All-Star Baseball.

The Baseball had a lot of scratches so I thought maybe that was it, but the other one was fine. Both crash at random times during the game (loading level, ending level etc.), what reasons could this be? I am burning on cheap media, but when I burn movies on these it works perfectly, I have some TDK, but before I start going out and wasting DVD's I want to know if there could be any other problems, I burn with Nero, on the fly, but I have tried using memory space and not doing it as quick, but I got the same results, I only burn at 4x too.
    Any tips?

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

you could try cleaning the laser to see if that helps,cheap media works for some but not others, it might be worth giving some quality media a try also would recomend that you don't do copys "on the fly", you tend to get better results if you create an image first then burn it back, also you could try reducing the burn speed to say 2x and see if that helps

3. zxspeky

zxspeky Regular member

even though they mey not be listed as gemes that need cd/dvdloader, it might be worth trying a TOC refresh, or maybe even adjusting your laser angle, as the laser may be having trouble reading the discs.

4. thegame04

thegame04 Member

I have a V5 ps2 console which i used SWAP MAGIC 2.0 with and it booted up EVERY game, and it was wierd because these were VERY VERY CHEAP dvd-r.

BUT then i got myself a V9 ps2 console, things started going wrong as only 2 out of the 10 games that i used on my V5 had booted up.

So i copied those games onto quality media such as dvd-r containing ritek dye, or sony branded dvd-r to play in my v9 and it worked like the real thing.

So the quality of the media does have an effect on certain consoles, and not necessary to do with the console such as laser etc so dont bother cleaning them, unless the originals arent booting up.

I noticed booting problems after i put labels on the games, so dont bother doing that, it will also mess up your laser.

And for movies, they dont load as much as games. So if you wanted to you could copy movies on the cheapest media you can find and still they have a MUCH HIGHER chance of worrking well. For games, you dont necessary have to go for sony or tdk but make sure you find a less popular brand with a well known relable dye.

There are games and movies ive bought from here since theyre cheap and good quality, and they worked fine.

<www.buysomeadspace@afterdawn.com>

Last edited: Sep 19, 2004
  5. Krish_82

Krish_82 Guest

media definatly makes a huge difference. i have a V4 ps2 and was using cheap dvd-r media to backup my games and dvd movies. i found the games would sometimes load but would skip and give me other problems. the dvd movies wouldn't load altogther.

i switched over to using ritek dvd-r media for all my backups (movies and ps2 games) and found every 1 worked a charm. not 1 problem.