1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help w connecting BenQ to PC

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by mamad2020, Jul 14, 2011.

1. mamad2020

mamad2020 Member

I know this is probably discussed a million times, but Im really confused.
    So there are a million guides on how to flash your firmware but most involve x360 USB pro, a VIA SATA card or other devices.
    I dont really want to buy anything and want to quickly flash my firmware to I-xtreme 1.9 with Jungle flasher.

What Im confused about is the SATA connection and the power supply connection to the PC.
    1. Can I directly connect the x360 BenQ drive to my motherboard using SATA?
    2. Can I use a normal SATA power supply cable from my case to power up the drive? If not how about the xbox360 power method?

My system is:
    Win 7 64-Bit
    Asus M4A89GTD PRO

I already have the latest version of Jungle flasher, i/o port setup and the correct firmware 1.9
    Help will be appreciated very much

2. Modking30

Modking30 Regular member

Yes you can. You need to use an xtractor. Either a maximus (which the Xtractor 3 is amazing) or ck3 or similar. This will power the drive. Your Molex connection from the computer will plug into the xtractor which will then power the drive.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2011
  3. mamad2020

mamad2020 Member

Yes, but then that means I should buy a ck3 or similar device which I'm trying to avoid.
    I heard I can use an xbox360 power supply to do this? Where can I find a guide for this? This is the only x360 I'll be hacking and I don't need a device for pro hackers.

4. Modking30

Modking30 Regular member

Yes you can use the 360 but it's not best practice, especially if you are going to be flashing quite a bit. Since the FW updates about 3 times a year, I would advise spending hte $20 on an xtractor. Otherwise, just use the 360 but make sure the video cables are plugged in. Regardless on the liteon drives you need a probe to dump the FW on the 7xxx series drives, lizard, or usbpro. Which in turn requires an xtractor. But then again, you're not saving a dime on games to make up for this cost...

Last edited: Jul 14, 2011