1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help! What should I do?...

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by rajsehgal, Mar 7, 2003.

1. rajsehgal

rajsehgal Member

My problem still not solved, so horrible. I have been trying and trying, and with all the help from you guys, I'm still stupid enough not to get it. "loaded" has helped so has "wizkid", but this is just getting bad, I have backed up only one movie, being my "john q", works great. Now a longer movie, foreign is giving me lots of trouble, after I ripp the movie with smart ripper, dvd2one doesn't recongnize anything but 2 chapters and 17:03 seconds of the movie.

Here are the files that I get in the file rip mode in smartripper for the foreign movie.."lagaan"

video_ts.ifo
    video_ts.vob
    Video_ts.bup
    vts_01_0.ifo
    vts_01_0.vob
    vts_01_1.vob
    vts_01_0.bup
    vts_02_0.ifo
    vts_02_0.vob
    vts_02_1.vob
    vts_02_2.vob
    vts_02_3.vob
    vts_02_4.vob
    vts_02_5.vob
    vts_02_6.vob
    vts_02_7.vob
    vts_02_8.vob
    vts_02_0.bup

the movie is around 7.4 gigs.

This movie is a ridicolous 225 minutes long(great movie though)..am i doing something wrong in burning it. I know it will not fit in one copy. should I use some other program to ripp or another program similar to dvd2one...thanks for all your feedbacks..

2. thingimij

thingimij Guest

take your main vobs (vts_02 in your case)except vts_02.0 and take your vts_02.0.ifo and put them in a different folder then use dvd2one, you only need them to get your film encoded.

thingimijig.

3. loaded

loaded Moderator Staff Member

Thingimij is right. AS said in the miniguide inthis forum, just use SmartRipper in file mode, which will select all the vob files you need. Then click (usually/always) two lines abouve your first vob, an ifo file with the same suffix and your vobs. The main movie vobs are not always 01, sometimes they are other numbers, SmartRipper will always select the longest one, which is always (always?!) the movie). Alternatively if you use DVD Decrypter in File mode, it will automatically select this for you. Then rip and as said, use DVD2ONE to process and author the new DVD.

Paul.

It will fit on a single DVD and most likely look great too. I am yet to do a bad copy with this software.

4. rajsehgal

rajsehgal Member

thanks alot guys.. it works! .. ill keep all that info in mind next time..thanks a bunch

raj