1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help. When I play my online games they play for 2 minutes then freeze.

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by apu72727, Nov 11, 2007.

1. apu72727

apu72727 Member

When I play my online games they play for 2 minutes then freeze.

It all started when I first got my new computer and installed BF2, I can play it on high on single player but I go to multiplayer start it up, It'll seem fine for about 2 minutes but then It'll just freeze and I can't do anything (Alt-Tab, Ctrl-Alt-Del, Alt F4...nothing) and I have to restart it.

Then yesterday I got COD4 and the same shit happened. This is really annoying. I paid for the multiplayer aspect of COD4 not the 5 hour story mode. This so far has happened with COD and BF2 (But not WOW).

PLZ SOMEONE HELP. Is it a system option? A clash between 2 programs? Does anyone know how to solve this issue?

2. apu72727

apu72727 Member

I disabled my anti virus and then started it and I worked but...when I tried it again...it didn't :( I'm so confused. HELP

3. kiwi1

kiwi1 Regular member

Do you have any overclocking/monitoring utilities running? atitool, powerstrip, Ntune etc?
    I had a problem with CoD4, bf2 and 2142 randomly freezing with a sound loop after overclocking with atitool, didnt matter if I had my overclock active or not, if it was running in the system tray it would happen but not in single player or non PB servers. It was something to do with punkbuster attempting to scan memory addresses that these kind of tools will block to protect your computer from damage.
    Heres some info on the problem, hope it helps. http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=246363

Last edited: Jan 4, 2008