1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help with .001, .002, .003... /.xxx files? How do you unzip and burn???

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by koyettsu, Oct 3, 2004.

1. koyettsu

koyettsu Member

Ok I keep downloading these files that are in .001, .002, .003 -> .009 or so and they never seem to work properly. I have checked a few websites (CKNOW) and they suggest some programs but they always unzip into some strange format that I cannot get any more info on.

For example I downloaded a demo, I used a program called Join16 to join the files and I get a file with a .xxx extension. Now I have no clue what in the heck to do with this file and CKNOW does not seem to have a related suggestion about it. Could someone please educate me on this process since this is not the first time I have run into this type of situation! Thanks!

2. 91ranger

91ranger Member

sounds like you have to merge them to create an iso image....I take it that these files have a name such as test.000 test.001 test.002.....open a dos prompt and type the following:

copy /B .000 + .001 + .002 test.iso (hit return)

this will create an iso image and then you can burn this image to a dvd....hope this helps...

3. Nycryda

Nycryda Member

Im having the same prob... DLed one recently and I merged them wit HJSplit and it turned into a file with no extensions...so I renamed the extension to .iso and tried to burn it wit Nero but Nero doesnt recognize it...Alcohol 120 and DVD Decryptor doesnt recognize it either....with Nero I have the option to ignore the fact that its not recognized so I ignore it and it burns but when I try to view the disc its empty....any body know Y this happens?

4. koyettsu

koyettsu Member

Well I got it into an .iso format and burned to a DVD but now I am having another problem. I cannot get the backup of the demo to work, it loads up the menu screen, shows I can play the Metal Gear Solid 3 demo and when I click on it the screen turns black to load and it just stops there. I am using swap magic 3.0 along with a v.9 PS2., anyone get this to work? Thanks!

5. Nycryda

Nycryda Member

hey Koyettsu wat did U use to burn the iso...

6. koyettsu

koyettsu Member

DVD Decrypter

7. Nycryda

Nycryda Member

aint that a bitch...did U make it a iso the way 91ranger said to or did U just join em wit that progam U were talkin about.....cuz this is not workin for me at all...this is the third game ive tried and the .iso cant be recognized.