1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help with 3.10 oe...

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Twan013, Mar 20, 2007.

1. Twan013

Twan013 Member

ok, i'm starting to get frustrated... i'm sitting here with a broken foot that should be elevated, but i'm trying to get my PSP upgraded so i can play games again... ok, for a bit of info... i have a ta-082, that used to be 2.71, but now its a full-blown 1.5... now i find out that i need to upgrade up to 3.03 or 3.10... ok, first of all, what's the difference between the two? i started off trying to find 3.03 guides, and then found the 3.10... which is better (common sense says the latest version, but with PSP, the lowest seems the best (ie 1.5))... anyway, back to the point, i downloaded everything that i needed to get 3.10 oe, and when i try the update maker, it tells me "opening and checking 150.PBP"..... "Cannot open file"

and then it goes back to my main screen... i've got 150.PBP and 310.PBP in the oeupdmaker, and the 2 oeupdmaker and the 2 310oeflasher folders in PSP/GAME.... what have i done wrong?

2. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

you didnt use Hex's Winstaller which is stickied at the top of the form page index..

you dont have to go through all that mess....

3. Twan013

Twan013 Member

ok, this may sound retarded, but when i went to GAME/MEMORY STICK on my psp, all i have is a corrupted data and 3.10 oe-a firmware install... ok, i still have the other stuff in my head, and those instructions said to run the update maker first... do i not have to do all that with the winstaller? i can't find any kind of tut's so i don't want to screw this up because i assumed i go to the only thing there...

4. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

no worries...

this is what it should look like on your XMB:
    [​IMG]

run the installer...and read the instructions that come up on the screen very carefully...

Last edited: Mar 21, 2007