1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help with 680i motherboardr w/ core 2 duo processor

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by psrg, Jan 18, 2007.

1. psrg

psrg Guest

Like the title says

My problem is im not sure where everything goes, I tried looking at the manual and theres still alot of spots on the motherboard not filled. Im wondering if anyone has the same setup and can take a couple pics for me?? Because I had it running, installed windows and it takes a while to start windows, sometimes it lags. I mean I have a 7950 gt video card, 2 gigs mem so I shouldnt have a problem at all. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

I am actually in the process of getting a new motherboard and a Big Thyphoon heatsink/fan because the networking didnt work for some reason, no lights.

2. marsey99

marsey99 Regular member

there will be a few slots left for expansion, like you only have 1 gcard and that mobo can take 3 for example.

which mobo is it?

what is your ram, like, 2 1gb sticks, 4 512mb sticks? pc2 5400, pc2 6400?

cpuz will tell you all this if you dont know.

it wont tell you what your harddrive is but that could be slowing you down if its an old ish 1.

3. psrg

psrg Guest

Heres all the info specifically

-EVGA 122-CK-NF68-AR LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard

-Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 Conroe 2.13GHz LGA 775 Processor Model BX80557E6400

-CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model TWIN2X2048-6400

-Western Digital Caviar SE WD2500JS 250GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

-LITE-ON 20X DVD±R DVD Burner with 12X DVD-RAM write and LightScribe Technology

-Rosewill RP550V2-D-SL 550W SLI Ready-ATX 12V V2.01 Power Supply

-Thermaltake CL-P0114 CPU Cooler with Heatsink

-XFX PVT71JYHE9 GeForce 7950GT 512MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP
    ExTreme Edition Video Card

-XION II XON-103 Black SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

-ViewSonic Q19WB-2 Black 19" 5ms Widescreen LCD Monitor

-Creative I-TRIGUE L3800 51MF0305AA002 48 Watts 2.1 Speaker

-Creative 70SB046A00000 7.1 Channels PCI Interface Sound Blaster X-
    Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Professional Series

So yeah thats everything I have but I dont exactly know where to put everything. Which really sucks cause I cant wait to get on this thing.

4. psrg

psrg Guest

By the way it was all bought brand new, so I knew what I had bought. Like I said though this is my first time putting one together. I would just like to see the finished product from someone elses picture so I can compare and make sure I put the things in the right area.

5. marsey99

marsey99 Regular member

thats all the right kit m8, making me green :)

if you was so inclined i bet it would overclock like a demon too.

right i will see if i can knock a pic up for you.

6. marsey99

marsey99 Regular member

[​IMG]

now looking at this, i would have my ram in the 2 blue slots, my gcard in the black pcix16 slot on the left and the xfi in the white pci on the left.
    now there are the 3 psu sockets, the ide(dvd drive) and satas(harddrive) which you will also be using and then the lights and switch header pins which i cant find any info on as i need to register my product with them to get the right info.

you want to make sure the hard drive goes to sata #1(should say which in the manual) to stop any hang ups there. the lights and switch pins should also be in there too, fidly job but you only need to do it once if you get it right.

the cpu fan connects to a 3 pin header (somwere near the cpu) and this will only go on 1 way.

all the plugs and sockets will only go in one way so if it seem too tight dont force it try the other way.

if everythings in right and you still get hang ups it could be somthing in the bios, or maybe a driver/patch from evga coould fix it.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2007
  7. psrg

psrg Guest

Thanks for the information!! Yeah I will just wait for the replacement MB to come in and ill try and get it together.

But like I said I had it up and running, installed windows, installed the drivers, and everything seemed to be working fine except for the internet, which is why its being replaced. But is there anything in BIOS where I can make sure everything is running okay?? Because it looked like it was all connected, I had the 250 gigs, 2 gigs ram, XFX sound card, but I didnt know how to check out the graphics card. Reguardless I still want to know why it would lag, like a program would freeze up, windows takes a bit to start up. I duno I just dont want to waste all the $$ I put in this -__-