1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help with a computer problem.

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Deadra, Jul 1, 2007.

1. Deadra

Deadra Member

My computer has recently been having some issues. When I start up my computer it seems fine, but after about 3 minutes of my computer starting up completely, it freezes up. If I restart it, it'll sometimes be fine the second time around but now I can't get it to continue running at all. It'll always freeze up. I'm going to try safe-mode and get a virus sweep going but I'm not sure how much success I will have. Please Help Me.

2. kamrez224

kamrez224 Member

try spybot-search and destroy,it is free,another thing u can do is system restore,go to the date when it was working perfectly.

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

moved to corect forum. see if does that in safemode as presuming it doesn't do that in post screen before windows.

4. bunny_c

bunny_c Guest

If the virus scan doesn't fix things boot in safe mode by pressing F8 on startup and then restore your system to before your problems started happening.
    To restore the computer go to Start > Accessories > System tools > System restore.
    Then follow the instructions given.

5. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

What temp is your cpu at? If you have your files backed up try a fresh install.