1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help With Audio On Burned DVDs

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Nick2, Feb 2, 2005.

1. Nick2

Nick2 Member

I just bought a home dvd recorder (for the television, not the computer) and I'm loving it. The dvd comes out great and plays on my tv, but when I try to play it on my computer using Windows Media Player 10 I get excellent video but no audio. If I use the dvd program that came with my computer I get video AND audio, but I prefer the look and controls of Windows Media Player. Is there a fix that actually works? I already downloaded the Nimo Codec Pack and I get nothing.

2. djscoop

djscoop Active member

I like your link...every click equals 0.6 bowls of food. Every dog I've had I've gotten from a shelter. Just got one about 6 months ago (flat-coat retreiver). Best $38 I've ever spent. About you problem, it sounds like a codec problem. You sure the Nimo codec is all you need? Try a better program (WMP sucks) such as PowerDVD.

3. Nick2

Nick2 Member

I actually have PowerDVD and I have to use it to watch and hear the dvd, but it's just that I <I>prefer</I> the look and controls of Windows Media Player. Yep I know it sucks, but I've used it for so long I don't really want to change. As for the link in my messages, yeah it's a good cause and I click on it every day. I keep a shortcut for it on my desktop as a matter of fact and I include that link as my signature in all my emails.

4. diabolos

diabolos Guest