1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help with backompat

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by slaybay, May 9, 2007.

1. slaybay

slaybay Member

i followed everything on this site www.xbox.com/games .. i have a modded xbox 360 and want to play copied xbox games ., i only have core version and a memory card on 64 Mb , when i burn the backcompat disc out on a cd i have tried cd-r,dvd-r , everything and this is the only thing i got &Could not update your console. Your hard drive may be disconnected, or the update disc may be unreadable.
    and its not disconected i really dont know what to do next .. i have searched 50 pages on google nothing! xbox 360 copied games works fine .. but when it comes to the original xbox games it just sucks!
    any idea of how to emulate xbox games or just get that damn update to work! ..
    id apreaciate all help i can get , i had over 5 xbox 360 and all died from me i hope this last a little longer than a couple og months!

Cheers!

2. shinnster

shinnster Regular member

i thought to get it to play backward compatible games you need to have the hard drive. I may be wrong.

3. caliph

caliph Guest

yep, to play original xbox games, the hard drive is required.

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2007
  4. slaybay

slaybay Member

So i must have the 20Gb hardrive ? thats lame .. , but isnt there a way to burn the xbox iso so they are compatible on the xbox360 without a update i remember someone said that to me ..

Thanks for Quick answers id apreaciate that!

5. slaybay

slaybay Member

Bump pleese
    need an answer

Cheers!

6. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

No, there's not. The 360 uses an emulator to play xbox 1 games. That emulator has to be downloaded and saved on to the hard drive.

7. slaybay

slaybay Member

Ok thx bhetrick i owe you one m8

Cheers!