1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem Need help with Belkin N300

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by SonGoku21, Jun 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SonGoku21

SonGoku21 Member

Hello all. I haven't been here in a really long time. Today I got a new router/modem combo for my house, so I decided to repurpose my Belkin N300 that had served me well for 2 years. I decided to set it into access point mode, and use it as a range extender for my home network. While talking to the rep from Belkin, I forgot to set the dhcp off on the router and set it into access point mode. Now I can't access the Belkin dashboard to fix this. The Belkin router only flashes the orange light once eight when you plug it in, and then only the wps light blinks. Help please. This was a great router and I would hate for this to be then end of it. What do I have to do to recover it? Hard resetting does nothing. Ive held the button down for 5, 10, 15, 20 and 30 seconds and still nothing.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

can you access the modem firmware thru the http address online like you do if setting up the wireless security without using the disk?

3. Ketola

Ketola Turned ninja Staff Member

To reset the router try the following:

a) unplug power from the router, press & hold the reset button, plug in power cord while holding down the reset button, continue to hold for 15 seconds. The router should boot during the next 20 seconds.
    b) if the above does not work, try holding the reset button for exactly 7 seconds to reset to factory defaults.

After reseting connect to the router using an ethernet cable, and set your network interface to acquire IP by DHCP. If you don't get an IP, set the address manually to 192.168.2.100, and try and connect to the management interface at http://192.168.2.1/ (the password should be empty)

greycin likes this.
  4. greycin

greycin Newbie

you are my savior mr. pixel avatar, i love u forever and always. my room8 left me n we dint haver internet for two months.l BUt now i found you and my life is changede for the better. i will never leave my room again. FINALLY STUPID beklin. Someon should hire you dude because you know how to help people LIKE ME! thanks bud much love from all the way from god knows where ahahah get it cuz im everywhere now thanks to U! DUDE! ahah im on the internet again!!! IM FREE IM FREE !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.