1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help with bluetooth headset

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by dave2070, May 14, 2007.

1. dave2070

dave2070 Member

iv got a jabra BT135 bluetooth headset for the ps3 but when am on resistance and sum1 speaks 2 me all i get is static dose any1 no y this is ?????

thanks

2. JorDogg

JorDogg Regular member

Im getting the same problem with the same headset, I think it is cause im on NAT Type 3 (as it said) and i should be on NAT Type 1. I am going to try using a switch to go from my DSL Router to my PS3 and see if that helps, think this problem has something to do with the way your network is wired up?

3. escalante

escalante Regular member

All the time? Because that happens every once in a while to me. I had assumed that the person just pressed L3 and didn't say anything.

4. JorDogg

JorDogg Regular member

escalante

Have you herd people saying stuff on your headset yet? if you have in your case i would say that is proberlly what someone has done haha. im not hearing anything though, iv tryed for ages! will check it out again tonight and get back you dave2070 if the switch solved the problem

5. DJGEOJOE

DJGEOJOE Regular member

You can get to NAT level 2 with a router and have no problems. You do not want NAT1! If you are in NAT1 your PS3 is getting pinged constantly from your provider and others, this will keep the port busy and take up CPU cycles (unless the PS3 has a network sub processor that handles pings and such, not sure) ether way its not good especially if you are on a wireless connection. You have to set up a DMZ in your router and set a static IP like 196.168.1.67, and then set this IP as static in your PS3, that’s it! Same connection as NAT1 but the router handles all the pings and crap that the provider and others throw your way. You will still have complete access to the network however there will be no firewall for your PS3. If you were going to connect direct anyway that’s not a problem. At the moment I don’t think there are any vonribilities in the PS3 that a firewall would help with anyway.