1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help with broken psp

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by statik310, Jan 12, 2007.

1. statik310

statik310 Guest

hey all im a sumwut noob at this, i have a psp i bought from a street guy, turns out da umd didnt wrk so i bought one off ebay and it turns out i dint have the rite phillips head, so i made a lil screw up, the LCD'S THINNER STRIP CONNECTOR (DA LITTLE INSERTION SPOT)CLIP BLACK TOP CAM OFF, i gave up on the psp until now dat the 2.7 can be downgraded, as i started to put the psp back in place it turned on and the sound wrks, but the lcd is black as i lookesd closer i realized the main menu could be seen!! did i screw up the back light? and heres my question, CAN I SOLDER OR GLUE DA STRIP TO THE MOBOS COMPARTMENT? OR SHOULD I JUST BUY ANOTHER MOBO? PLEASE HELP!!

2. shedeus

shedeus Regular member

for all that effort and money, you prolly coulda bought yourself a new one! lol

try ebay for parts, you can buy backlights and whatever else you'll need to make yours work again.

3. statik310

statik310 Guest

dat was my frst thought,lol, if only i had researched, plus i went on and bought a new one,lol, so do u think the cause of this is da connector i screwed up?