1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help with burning process and error message.

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by tpiedra, Oct 21, 2004.

1. tpiedra

tpiedra Member

Ok guys I'm new at this so take it easy. I use dvd shrink and nero to backup my DVDs. dvd shrink does what it is supposed to do and it finishes encoding but ater that when it uses nero to burn it seems to have a problem. It starts to write the lead-in and after about a minute and a half I get an error message that my "target" has an error. I tried to then play a regular dvd on mydvd writer and it does nothing and says the drive is empty. I just bought the writer and it is an hp in brand. Should I try to maybe clean the laser lens? I have tried new media I have tried sony and maxell and prior to recently they have worked great. Will some of you backup Vets please give me some insight to what may be the problem. Thanks alot!!!

Tony Piedra

2. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Which hp is it? Others with the 300 have had the same problem. One went back and traded for the 400 and the problem disappeared. You may want to try flashing it and see if that helps. If it's new, then take it back and trade it on a 400 or something else before you try flashing it....

BTW, I have the hp dc 4000 and it works great, also has some software with it like VHS to DVD including menu authoring.

3. tpiedra

tpiedra Member

My writer is a hp dvd200e. Im not really sure if it's any good ir not. I will try calling hp to see if what all my options are. Thanks and if you have any other idea let me know.

4. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Well, I don't know much about the 200, but if the 300 has problems..... My guess is it's the burner.