1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help with bys3 firmware

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by ResivorD, Feb 22, 2007.

1. ResivorD

ResivorD Member

i have been reading for 3 days now, but am still lost on how to install or flash my driver DVD DW RW D22A with the bys3 firmware. i have downloaded the frimware and extracted the files. It has one BIN file and 1 readme text. and thats about as far as i know what to do.

Original RPC-2 Firmware version BYS3 for the SONY DVD RW DW-D22A

Flash in Windows using "LtnFW"

If the drive is not detected after a misflash, then flash in DOS with mtkflash (1.69 or higher)
    Use this command: "mtkflash # w /b BYS3.bin"
    Where # is replaced by one of the following numbers:
    1 - Primary Master
    2 - Primary Slave
    3 - Secondary Master
    4 - Secondary Slave

If using mtkflash 1.80.1, then do not include the "/b" flag. Use this command: "mtkflash # w BYS3.bin"

Downloaded from dhc014.rpc1.org

how do i do this, where do i begin do i go to runin the start menu, this is the only burner i have so does that make it # 1 primary master. if anyone can help i would like to use my burner and sony could care less. step by step instructions would be helpful if possible thanx

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

You need to go here Flashing Tool

Use that little tool to Flash your drive it is the "LtnFW" tool that is mentioned in your read me file.

3. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

One more thing that drive is actually a badged Sony but is actually a LiteOn Drive SOHW-1633S (good drive) which means if you were to download your firmware from here LiteOn Firmware then it would be a bit easier to install as this will come with the executable file already in it.

:)

Last edited: Feb 23, 2007