1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help with Car CD player

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by Quadratic, Apr 23, 2005.

1. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

I have a 96 Pontiac Grand Am. Everytime I put in ANY CD, burned or not, it spits it back out and says "E20" and spits the disc back out. I did a google search, and apparently it is a Focus Error. The guy who said this said that the lens probably needed cleaning. I went to Best Buy, and I looked for a Lens cleaning CD, and asked them their advice. They said I should get the professional lens cleaning for $50 instead of the cd. They also recommended that I just get another radio, because it will cost less money in the long run. What do you guys think I should do? I'm leaning towards the radio. Do you guys think that I should try the disc (since it won't play anything). I asked my brother. He said don't try the disc because it might spit it back out as well.

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

You might try blasting the insides of the deck with a can of compressed air since its inexpensive and worth a shot. If you can reach the lens with a long cotton swab you can use 90-99% Isopropyl alcohol to clean the lens as well :)

Last edited: Apr 24, 2005
  3. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

The CD slot is protected with some kind of coverage or something. It wouldn't be easy to shoot it in there. I'll give it a shot though. It's probably best that I get another radio all together.