1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help with computer

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Diesel04, Oct 11, 2004.

1. Diesel04

Diesel04 Guest

I recently found a trojan virus on my comp and I managed to get rid of it. But when I restarted my comp again I couldn't do anything on the desktop or go to the start menu. I'd click on everything on the desktop and it wouldn't load up. The same thing happens when I try to go to my start menu. I'd click on that but it doesn't come up to let me scroll through everything. The comp doesn't freeze up because I can still move my cursor. When I'm running the comp on safe mode though everything is fine. Does anyone know what's wrong with my comp?

2. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

Sounds like a bad virus, do you know its name?

3. SirFrench

SirFrench Member

If your PC is running ok in safe mode, it may be you have corrupt driver files present after the removal of the trojan.
    it's probably worthwhile uninstalling all your peripherals (Grafix cards, sound cards, DVD burners, CD roms, etc...) and reinstalling and then trying agian, this might solve the issue, if not it may be something more severe, like one of your windows files has been corrupted.
    Which platform are you using?
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Athlon XP 2000 T-Bred OC'd to 2200 (1813mhz)@145mhz
    Gigabyte KVT700 1394
    Akasa AK795 XP3200+ copper base HS
    512mb Samsung PC2100
    Nvidia GeForce4 MX440 128DDR
    160Gb(4 x ST340014A 40Gb)[/small]

Last edited: Oct 11, 2004
  4. Diesel04

Diesel04 Guest

Sorry but the virus was called polall1l.exe I believe. I'm using Windows XP btw.

5. Diesel04

Diesel04 Guest

Also when I run adaware every single time under "Type" I get a bunch of things that say MRU List. This has never happened to me before until I removed the virus.

6. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

I had a virus a bit back and it was a pain then i did some research on the net and found this bit of software (its only a demo but works good)

http://www.misec.net/trojanhunter/